aWEOjaWEIOghwiaguih MUST BUY NOW!!!!!!!

The description says: "This product is available to qualifying academic institutions". What does that mean exactly?

Bwahahahahahahaha, not for me it isn't :heh: If I can get approved for a credit increase, I am TOTALLY buying this.

Aren't these for non-commercial use only? So, if you are making money with your work, isn't that like the same thing as using a pirated copy?

I hope I'm wrong ;)

You speak the truth....

But..... Still better than not paying anything at all.....

Aren't these for non-commercial use only? So, if you are making money with your work, isn't that like the same thing as using a pirated copy?

I hope I'm wrong ;)

Well first of all, I'm not gonna be making any money doing this for awhile, cuz my only aspirations in the near future are recording myself and my own bands - but more importantly, I'm still paying them 500 MOTHERFUCKING DOLLARS for nothing but MOTHERFUCKING 1's and 0's - if you consider that the same thing as pirating, then I'll go fetch my peg-leg and tri-corner hat!

Besides, Waves is like the Wal-Mart of the plugin world; I think I'll be able to sleep at night if I use a loophole that gives me 33% off :)

Well first of all, I'm not gonna be making any money doing this for awhile, cuz my only aspirations in the near future are recording myself and my own bands - but more importantly, I'm still paying them 500 MOTHERFUCKING DOLLARS for nothing but MOTHERFUCKING 1's and 0's - if you consider that the same thing as pirating, then I'll go fetch my peg-leg and tri-corner hat!

Besides, Waves is like the Wal-Mart of the plugin world; I think I'll be able to sleep at night if I use a loophole that gives me 33% off :)

Whenever my old store sold Academic software over the net the customer had to scan/fax us a copy of their student ID card as proof of their eligibility. Not sure if that will be the case in the states but Waves in particular were always very fussy about seeing the ID for themselves.

Whenever my old store sold Academic software over the net the customer had to scan/fax us a copy of their student ID card as proof of their eligibility. Not sure if that will be the case in the states but Waves in particular were always very fussy about seeing the ID for themselves.

Yeah this happened to me when I bought some stuff.

I hate to burst your buble. But everywhere I have looked (and believe me I have looked) you had to be a school to get it.

Waves only has academic institution deductions. Not student or teacher deductions.

Totally fucking weak.

I was going to pick up the Renn Maxx package for around $180 only to find out that you had to be a school to do it, if you can get your professor to order it for you through the school then go for it (I'm asking this semester, most of my teachers are kickass).

BTW if your looking for academic discounts on shit I get mine here: www.academicsuperstore.com

i don't think you're understanding him...

what he's saying is that the waves academic discount does NOT apply to students. the discount applies to schools who want to buy the plugs to use for the purpose of using in whatever audio education program they have...probably so that the students learn the waves stuff inside and out, and are jonesing for it whenever they put together their own rig/studio.

FUCCCCKKKK, you're right - I just actually read GGGT's post in detail for the first time, and all the times before I had been substituting the bold-faced italicized "a" with "in." But fuck it, I'm sure I can get someone at my school to order it, cuz even though I'm not in the major, I've taken all the Audio Arts classes there and know more than almost all the students who are in it (thanks to this place!), so the teachers are really cool to me.

I hate to burst your buble. But everywhere I have looked (and believe me I have looked) you had to be a school to get it.

Waves only has academic institution deductions. Not student or teacher deductions.

Totally fucking weak.

I was going to pick up the Renn Maxx package for around $180 only to find out that you had to be a school to do it, if you can get your professor to order it for you through the school then go for it (I'm asking this semester, most of my teachers are kickass).

BTW if your looking for academic discounts on shit I get mine here: www.academicsuperstore.com

Thanks for that link dude!

Yeah I was totally pissed when I couldn't get the Renn package for that price :erk: :mad:

I wish I didn't have the moral guilt of asking for one of my teachers to hook me up (if possible). Maybe I will just forget about it and stick with the URS packages I am planning (everything EQ and everything compressor).

URS has an amazing student discount (50% of sale cost, not 50% of list) and I plan on hitting that pussy up big time.