AYDY note.

ekCo

ekCowned
Nov 2, 2005
Australia
After reading many reviews about Children of Bodoms new album Are you dead yet has shocked me. How so many old school cob lovers have despised and ripped the album, critisizing every song down to each line. On behalf of all australian guitarists.. Fuck off. I had to get it out. There is no need to critisize a band that is arguably the greatest musical metal band around.

I have read many threads not making a word, I just pitty the idiots running around argueing how it was a failure. I must admit that i do ofcourse respect peoples opinion but to rip a band on their own forum is pretty sad.
Many people will agree to this thread and the lame fucks making posts critisizing it should be smashed with a brick.

imo I loved the album. Cob has inspired me a lot and its a shame how they got e-bashed by so many randoms..

Hear hear to agree..

-ekCo

There is no need to critisize a band that is arguably the greatest musical metal band around.

i agree with the other stuff , but this line just made me laugh :Spin:

yeah , but the bashing of the new album is worthless, becouse the album is great

People don't like an album you like? Well isn't that a tragedy? I kinda agree with you but come on.. "I must admit that i do ofcourse respect peoples opinion but to rip a band on their own forum is pretty sad." It's not like the only thing you're allowed to say here is OMG ALEXI just because it's the band's own forum.

I think people should be allowed to say what they think.. but on this forum the line of constructive criticism has been crossed a long time ago and there's hardly any discussion whatsoever over here anymore, just a spamwar. I guess the clowns will get bored sooner or later, dry their tears and go back to masturbate to Imperanon and Strato.

ekCo said:
After reading many reviews about Children of Bodoms new album Are you dead yet has shocked me. How so many old school cob lovers have despised and ripped the album, critisizing every song down to each line. On behalf of all australian guitarists.. Fuck off. I had to get it out. There is no need to critisize a band that is arguably the greatest musical metal band around.

I have read many threads not making a word, I just pitty the idiots running around argueing how it was a failure. I must admit that i do ofcourse respect peoples opinion but to rip a band on their own forum is pretty sad.
Many people will agree to this thread and the lame fucks making posts critisizing it should be smashed with a brick.

imo I loved the album. Cob has inspired me a lot and its a shame how they got e-bashed by so many randoms..

Hear hear to agree..

-ekCo

I personally like the album alot. But it is very dissapointing/weak compared to their last four. Punch me I bleed is probably the worst CoB song conceived thus far. Also there is too many filler songs with no depth. Best song on there is Living Dead Beat, I would be a liar if I said that song sucks since I rock out to it all the time. I know CoB can do wwaaayyyy better than this though.

About these forums:

People just like to goof off on this forum, so don't take anything to heart. The internet is a breeding grounds of negativity so don't expect every thread to be CoB ass kissing and OMGALEXI111!!! CoB is still one of my favorite bands but it doesn't mean I won't joke around about them or criticize what I dislike about the new album. I hope their next creation blows this one out of the water and makes us forget the negative parts about it, much like the new Arch Enemy album did to their previous one.

Its good to see some feedback.. I respect all your thoughts about the new album but it was sick to see how many people/things actually critisized the album, asif they had to agree with the next person, just because they had more rep than them. I understand the net a lot so there is no reason to explain about the critisizm bullshit lying around.

Anyone who OMGALEXI!!! should be shot. I think he would say the same thing. Yes hes an excellent guitarist and he is my idol but he wouldn't be my god and saviour he is just an amazing player who has inspire me to continue playing guitar. His name is nothing more than a hard memory and a reminder to rock on. And to mean that to people is pretty strong.
Take it from this point. Yes the album wasn't as good but hey, there is no reason to critisize it because your unko fuck buddy sitting next to you said so.

Respecting others is hard when people nag and bitch about it and stay around to see the outcome. It had to be threaded because its amusing watching sorry sudds roll around thinking their e-bashin.

Fucking lamers if you ask me.

Stay true to metal cob. :headbang:

-ekCo

I say good for you if you can enjoy this album. I enjoy some songs on it but ultimately I think it's a very disappointing effort and shame a band like COB has turned into (what I think) is a very generic sound.

What I don't like is people assuming that just because a band releases an album, that you have to like it. It infuriates me when I see people adopting this fanboyism mindset, and not accepting that this album for many Bodom fans is a huge disappointment and we have to voice these opinions, because we care about the band at the end of the day.

i like the album a lot too. but i hope on the next cd it is less straight forward and has more bridges and interludes and stuff like their older stuff. personally i think the style of the new cd is very good, it could just use a little more intricacy in the song structure. more stuff like the bridge in living dead beat right before the solo.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
I say good for you if you can enjoy this album. I enjoy some songs on it but ultimately I think it's a very disappointing effort and shame a band like COB has turned into (what I think) is a very generic sound.

What I don't like is people assuming that just because a band releases an album, that you have to like it. It infuriates me when I see people adopting this fanboyism mindset, and not accepting that this album for many Bodom fans is a huge disappointment and we have to voice these opinions, because we care about the band at the end of the day.

Agreed, nice post.

Bastard child said:
next in line and if you want peace are good but..hatebreeder owns aydy

if you want peace... hmm dont think so. next in line yes. And i like the uh. Punch me I bleed solo. kinda....

Trashed Lost and Strungout is the best. Fuck albums with lots of songs. Hate Me Single is the second best. Seriously who can sit through 40 minutes of music?!?!?!

ROFFL!!!!oneone

LifeDepraved said:
Trashed Lost and Strungout is the best. Fuck albums with lots of songs. Hate Me Single is the second best. Seriously who can sit through 40 minutes of music?!?!?!

ROFFL!!!!oneone

i can sit threw a full day of music, the the hate me single is t3h l337!111 with hellion

I like most of the intro's on AYDY? but when the song starts, it all sounds identical to me. And not in a good way. I mean, I don't use "everything sounds the same" as an argument against ANY band, because I like Slayer, and face it, it practically all sounds the same. Here I mean that they just have two rhythm guitar parts where they used to have one rhythm guitar and a melodyline. And the riffs are generally plain boring and uninspired imo.

I don't give one hoot about my rep, I just don't like the album. Although I do like Trashed, Lost & Strungout, it has a catchy melody and I happen to like that shit.
I never cared much for lyrics, but these are just too lame even for me. I never expected deep poetry from Alexi, but yelling FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER for 40 minutes just makes me laugh.

I haven't really taken part in this whole argument yet, but now I'll say what I think. First about AYDY? I think it's a great album and I like it a lot. The earlier albums had more "tilutusta" but this one is more...how should I put it, more straight forward if you like. Alexi's said himself that before he used a lot of riffs in every song, but he's realized that if you instead use a few riffs that you repeat in the song and that people can recognise, that works maybe better. Some people have complained about the solos, and to a certain amount I agree. As Alexi (again) has said "if you've been working your ass off in some basement playing with your face as fucking blue as it can get for 10 years, why should you hide what you're capable of?". I think he could do more, I know so, but maybe it's just a decision he's made, to make the solo's fit this more 'simple' (compared to the earlier albums) style. And more 'simple' doesn't have to mean something sucks. Imo I think this album is the heaviest of them all thanks to that.

I'm also on Iron Maiden's forum, and a constantly recurring topic seems to be "I used to like this band, but this new album SUCKS". Maiden, Metallica, COB, Judas Priest, WASP...you name it, they've all been there. There's always the fans being nostalgic about the old stuff not being able to appreciate that a band has changed. Dance of Death I had no problem with at all, Neon God I, II are not my favourite WASP albums but I like them a lot, as I said I love AYDY?, but my line was crossed with St.Anger. First of all, I don't like the nu-metalness of that album, and secondly it pisses me off to know that Metallica could do so much better. Of course it's all a matter of taste, and I respect people who didn't get a kick out of AYDY? However, I think it's fucking stupid to be mad at a band for changing. It's a natural development. I think bands who continue sounding the same get boring, example being Hammerfall.

Of course people cannot enjoy every single minute of a band's recordings, but I don't see the necessarity in bringing up the albums you don't like and bash them to death. Would you lot say the stuff your saying here standing face to face with one of the guys from COB, esp. Alexi? I wonder. Also, I'd really like to hear better motivations from the "AYDY sucks"-people. If you tell me WHY you think it sucks or WHAT was so disappointing about it (except that the older albums were better and different), then your opinion is ok with me, but I can't stand people who just say something sucks without being able to say why.

I just have to say one more thing as I'm at it. Many say Alexi's lyrics are shite and have no meaning what so ever, just being words put together because a song should have lyrics. I disagree. I'm not one of those "OMG ALEXI!!"-persons (I think it's scary when people get that obsessed), he however means a lot to me and has inspired my guitarplaying together with Roope, just wanted to make that clear. Anyways. At first I was a bit sceptic about the lyrics, but after reading some of them, I had to change my opinion. Many of them have really touched me, mainly because they're so damn straight from the heart and I think a lot of them have deep meanings. Deep meanings don't have to be hidden within fancy creations by Steve Harris, you know. Alexi writes what he's feeling and maybe he could skip a few 'fuck's', but I still think his lyrics are way underrated.

Ok, rant over. It became longer than I meant to first, haha. Feel free to prove me wrong.