AYDY note.

COBSteele02 said:
Nice post Something Wild.

The reality is, people don't ever like change. A band changes just a slight bit and it's OMGWTFBBQ SELLZ OUTZ!111!

that is true. but then you have the people saying "every song sounds the same... they need to do something different."... so either way it's a lose-lose situation.

I love Are You Dead Yet. I love every song off of it, and as of now it's my favorite bodom album. But it is different. I just like heavier music like dark tranquillity and in flames and shit and since this is in drop C, its closer to that.

Something Wild said:
I haven't really taken part in this whole argument yet, but now I'll say what I think. First about AYDY? I think it's a great album and I like it a lot. The earlier albums had more "tilutusta" but this one is more...how should I put it, more straight forward if you like. Alexi's said himself that before he used a lot of riffs in every song, but he's realized that if you instead use a few riffs that you repeat in the song and that people can recognise, that works maybe better. Some people have complained about the solos, and to a certain amount I agree. As Alexi (again) has said "if you've been working your ass off in some basement playing with your face as fucking blue as it can get for 10 years, why should you hide what you're capable of?". I think he could do more, I know so, but maybe it's just a decision he's made, to make the solo's fit this more 'simple' (compared to the earlier albums) style. And more 'simple' doesn't have to mean something sucks. Imo I think this album is the heaviest of them all thanks to that.

I'm also on Iron Maiden's forum, and a constantly recurring topic seems to be "I used to like this band, but this new album SUCKS". Maiden, Metallica, COB, Judas Priest, WASP...you name it, they've all been there. There's always the fans being nostalgic about the old stuff not being able to appreciate that a band has changed. Dance of Death I had no problem with at all, Neon God I, II are not my favourite WASP albums but I like them a lot, as I said I love AYDY?, but my line was crossed with St.Anger. First of all, I don't like the nu-metalness of that album, and secondly it pisses me off to know that Metallica could do so much better. Of course it's all a matter of taste, and I respect people who didn't get a kick out of AYDY? However, I think it's fucking stupid to be mad at a band for changing. It's a natural development. I think bands who continue sounding the same get boring, example being Hammerfall.

Of course people cannot enjoy every single minute of a band's recordings, but I don't see the necessarity in bringing up the albums you don't like and bash them to death. Would you lot say the stuff your saying here standing face to face with one of the guys from COB, esp. Alexi? I wonder. Also, I'd really like to hear better motivations from the "AYDY sucks"-people. If you tell me WHY you think it sucks or WHAT was so disappointing about it (except that the older albums were better and different), then your opinion is ok with me, but I can't stand people who just say something sucks without being able to say why.

I just have to say one more thing as I'm at it. Many say Alexi's lyrics are shite and have no meaning what so ever, just being words put together because a song should have lyrics. I disagree. I'm not one of those "OMG ALEXI!!"-persons (I think it's scary when people get that obsessed), he however means a lot to me and has inspired my guitarplaying together with Roope, just wanted to make that clear. Anyways. At first I was a bit sceptic about the lyrics, but after reading some of them, I had to change my opinion. Many of them have really touched me, mainly because they're so damn straight from the heart and I think a lot of them have deep meanings. Deep meanings don't have to be hidden within fancy creations by Steve Harris, you know. Alexi writes what he's feeling and maybe he could skip a few 'fuck's', but I still think his lyrics are way underrated.

Ok, rant over. It became longer than I meant to first, haha. Feel free to prove me wrong.
good post :D i still have to form my opinion on the album, i know that i like it alot, but its missing that magic COB sound. a little too much chugga chugga riffs and not quite enough melody...if that makes sense. I don't think the guitar solos are as good as they were on hatecrew and i don't think the songwriting is as good as it was. but i still really do like it, there's just a few things i would have done differently :)

Something Wild said:
I haven't really taken part in this whole argument yet, but now I'll say what I think. First about AYDY? I think it's a great album and I like it a lot. The earlier albums had more "tilutusta" but this one is more...how should I put it, more straight forward if you like. Alexi's said himself that before he used a lot of riffs in every song, but he's realized that if you instead use a few riffs that you repeat in the song and that people can recognise, that works maybe better. Some people have complained about the solos, and to a certain amount I agree. As Alexi (again) has said "if you've been working your ass off in some basement playing with your face as fucking blue as it can get for 10 years, why should you hide what you're capable of?". I think he could do more, I know so, but maybe it's just a decision he's made, to make the solo's fit this more 'simple' (compared to the earlier albums) style. And more 'simple' doesn't have to mean something sucks. Imo I think this album is the heaviest of them all thanks to that.

I'm also on Iron Maiden's forum, and a constantly recurring topic seems to be "I used to like this band, but this new album SUCKS". Maiden, Metallica, COB, Judas Priest, WASP...you name it, they've all been there. There's always the fans being nostalgic about the old stuff not being able to appreciate that a band has changed. Dance of Death I had no problem with at all, Neon God I, II are not my favourite WASP albums but I like them a lot, as I said I love AYDY?, but my line was crossed with St.Anger. First of all, I don't like the nu-metalness of that album, and secondly it pisses me off to know that Metallica could do so much better. Of course it's all a matter of taste, and I respect people who didn't get a kick out of AYDY? However, I think it's fucking stupid to be mad at a band for changing. It's a natural development. I think bands who continue sounding the same get boring, example being Hammerfall.

Of course people cannot enjoy every single minute of a band's recordings, but I don't see the necessarity in bringing up the albums you don't like and bash them to death. Would you lot say the stuff your saying here standing face to face with one of the guys from COB, esp. Alexi? I wonder. Also, I'd really like to hear better motivations from the "AYDY sucks"-people. If you tell me WHY you think it sucks or WHAT was so disappointing about it (except that the older albums were better and different), then your opinion is ok with me, but I can't stand people who just say something sucks without being able to say why.

I just have to say one more thing as I'm at it. Many say Alexi's lyrics are shite and have no meaning what so ever, just being words put together because a song should have lyrics. I disagree. I'm not one of those "OMG ALEXI!!"-persons (I think it's scary when people get that obsessed), he however means a lot to me and has inspired my guitarplaying together with Roope, just wanted to make that clear. Anyways. At first I was a bit sceptic about the lyrics, but after reading some of them, I had to change my opinion. Many of them have really touched me, mainly because they're so damn straight from the heart and I think a lot of them have deep meanings. Deep meanings don't have to be hidden within fancy creations by Steve Harris, you know. Alexi writes what he's feeling and maybe he could skip a few 'fuck's', but I still think his lyrics are way underrated.

Ok, rant over. It became longer than I meant to first, haha. Feel free to prove me wrong.
The exact point i was trying to make. I agree 100% to your text.
Thanks for showing it in deeper detail.

Applause :headbang:

dawnghost said:
The new album sucks very, very hard. I'm glad I just downloaded that crap, if I'd bought it, I'd be really pissed.

http://laihonumetal.ytmnd.com/

This is my opinion, bite me fanboi.

I'll go listen to some good COB now. Which is anything except this shit kicker lame ass fucker of an album.

thats fucking awesome..

and in case anyone missed it, the new album sucks

ekCo said:
haha.. i honestly couldn't give a fuck about your work
I DONT GIVE A FLYING MOTHER FUCK MOTHER FUCKER!!!! YOW YOW YOWWWW!!!!

on a serious note, if i were sitting here sucking alexi's little dick like all you fanboi faggots, you'd love my music.

I have fuck all to say in this debate, except...have you all lost your brains and decided to bang heads of walls until the argument is concluded?

BUT ^ = :D

I ahve to agree with everything Ecko said. I loved the new albums but I mean coming to a Bands forum and bashing the album and shit well I wouldnt be suprised if the whole band came and kicked peoples asses for hating the new album. Bands have albums they like hate and arnt particularly fond of. Everyone can state your opinion if you hate the album fine. Say you hate it but dont go "I hate this albums it sucks so hard core its the suckiest album. I used the CD for target pratice." Dont go saying that just say you dont like or or you hate it thats fine dont just critisize it, because you dont like it. Others may find it one of the best albums they made.

I think the point is that this thread has been done to death. There is a pretty clear divide with folks here about AYDY? and instead of some interesting chatter regarding that, all we are getting is dumbass, bullshit, flippant comments that amount to nothing but hot air.

Seriously...if the debate on AYDY? must continue please raise the tone to mature, and stop repeatedly spouting bullshit when its already clear what your view is.

I agree.

Plus, we didn't come here to bash this album. We were already here.
Since you write you, i assume that you meant me too.

BALLZZ

Ps:
ekCo said:
haha.. i honestly couldn't give a fuck about your work

Better do, it beats AYDY by a long shot. It swings.