Badass Rap

This is fun, especially if it's your first introduction to Chip Fu when he comes in with the 2nd verse:

Also, I've discovered some more female rappers I like:

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG

Shadowcast didn't have much of a role in his only single. Though he's the white guy who also recorded as Biggy Smallz as a squeaky kid before some other dude came along calling himself Biggie Smalls.

Bloodhound Gang - One Fierce Beer Coaster

:err:

I thought they were a rock group with some rap influences. Did they record a legitimate rap album or something?

Group X - 40 Oz. Slushie
Onyx - All We Got Iz Us
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Dam Native - Kaupapa Driven Rhymes Uplifted
Fu-Schnickens - Nervous Breakdown
Ultramagnetic MC's - Critical Beatdown

Awesome list. I love Ultramagnetic MC's especially from this list.

Reactions: Bloopy
Bloodhound Gang has quite the genre-bending history. Jimmy and Daddy made a demo as an electronic 2-piece called Bang Chamber 8, playing Depeche Mode-style shit. Then Bloodhound Gang started out as a hip-hop group, although they often used samples of rock songs. Their debut full length has 2 rock covers (1 of a TV theme song, haha), but the other 10 songs are basically all hip-hop.

Then One Fierce Beer Coaster is where they ran with the rap/rock band idea. Yeah, it's not a hip-hop album, but about 60% of it is rapping and some of my favourite rapping at that. There's a Run-DMC cover and a guest appearance from Vanilla Ice. :tickled:

Since then they've dialled back the rock to make room for a lot of electronic/dance stuff, but sometimes they're rapping over the top of that as well:

Last edited: