Bah....commercial music these days

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
So the other night I was flipping through some of the Comcast On-Demand shit and came across the new Soilwork video.......utter fucking bullshit.

Ok, so there's a car in some kind of junk yard on fire. Now while this is going on, Bjorn is the only one to be seen. While he is doing his part (which is the whole fucking video), he's doing all of these stupid fucking hand guestures that you would see Fred Durst do.

Though I will say that Stabbing the Drama is a lot better than Figure Number Five...but what the fuck is going on? A lot of bands are starting to go commercial and that's ok other than that they're changing the sound with it. Now I really understand why Emperor broke up back in 2001.

Oh and another thing I just remembered....I saw the video for Nightwish - I Wish I Had an Angel. Tarja is fucking hot in the video, but that's besides the point! Once is much more commercial, it makes me sick. The guitar work is sucking, badly. I don't recall in technicalities on Once as opposed to Century Child or any previous Nightwish album.

Same with Lacuna Coil! Argh!! Fucking hell.

Triple SHOE!!!
:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

All music videos are generally lame in my opinion. I like pretty much all the bands you listed except Soilwork. I prefer music videos that is just the band rocking out or smashing a bunch of stuff. Pantera had some good videos that was just them rocking out like the 5 minutes alone video. I don't like ones with cars and a bunch of flashy stupid crap. The Touch of Red video by In Flames is a good example of a crap music video. I like In Flames, but man that video is just lame.

Wait a minute Tut-man, oh...well..yeah......I guess you're right....nevermind!!:loco:No appologies here though:bah:!!

i saw them live with Dark Tranquillity a few months ago. I like that song, but they WAAAAAAAAAAY over produced their stage show. Stobe lights, color lights, way too much fucking fog, just ultra gayness. And they didn't even play that melodic part in the beginning. it was a fucking sample. how gay is that.

On a Mystic Fest this year Kreator used that red and blue smoke, and there was totally no wind that day and after the while they just dissapeard in that smoke LOOOL

it's not a "lately" thing. bands have been going commercial for uh ever.
music videos fucking suck, i have never seen a single one, ever, by anyone, that wasnt bullshit. i figure if a band is making music videos they've basically sold out already. music videos aren't art, they're just something else to make money like any other kind of merchandising.

when you hear music, and you get a vision, run home. And if the vision in your head is the same as what MTV is showing....

Kill yourself.

M. said:
music videos fucking suck, i have never seen a single one, ever, by anyone, that wasnt bullshit.

Dimmu Borgir - Progencies of the Great Apocalypse was a excellent video.
Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine wasn't a bad one.
Emperor - Empty was a good video.
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss was awesome.
Dream Theater - Lie
Children of Bodom - Sixpounder
Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7
Children of Bodom - Downfall
Children of Bodom - Deadnight Warrior
Arch Enemy - Ravenous

To name a few.