Band im mixing - Paramore style

barricade

Giggity Geschmougen
Oct 31, 2007
So im mixing this demo for a band. I wanted to create the Paramore style of sound any suggestions what more to do? Maybe something on the master... or something to make the vocals sit more in the mix?
Here is the song... (The lyrics are in Slovene language... )

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/707864/TC3.mp3

More room ambiance on the drums...

the guitars are missing that fender twang... I'd say try adding more high end in the guitars... sounds a bit lacking in there... the kick could use more lowend and the bass could be slightly more present.. the low end in general could use some more beef as well... gel the kick and the bass guitar and get them working together...

On its own, this mix sounds pretty good... making those small adjustments should make it a killer mix...

all the drum fills sound awkward to me.

Try a mono to stereo chorus in the chorus sections. to make the vocals thicker there.

I'm hearing a bit of distortion on the ess sounds, and there are a lot.

Other than that it sounds tight, balances are good. It's a great demo.

Yep... the thing was that i got only 1 track of each guitar 2 tracks of the main vocals and 1 of the backvocals (when they were recording the vocals thay had the compressor turned all the way up...so it distorded when they recorded it :\) ...

How do you mean mono to stereo chorus? With what rate should i try?
TNX!

Ups sorry... :S i rly don't know why i didn't put it there! ...Will watch out the next time!

I think you did a pretty decent job! But as always i'm good in nitpicking ;) I think the kick is a little too clicky sounding, and the cymbals/hihat are too loud. The hihat is sounding like there's a lot of high frequencies boosted too. And some drum-ambience would open the sound some more, and if you don't have it you can always use reverb :) (or bring the reverb up) I think the vocals are sitting really nice in the mix but i would up them a db or 1-2.

Ignoring the production aspect of things (well, sonics anyway), this is a REALLY FUCKING GOOD SONG.
Seriously, it's really catchy, very well written and I'm gonna end up listening to this a lot in the next few weeks I reckon.
I agree on the cymbals/hi hats being a tad too loud and adding a tiny bit of reverb would add to it, but otherwise for a demo that is great sounding and I have no complaints really.