band logos!

Not to mention that Opeth's logo used to look like this:
logo1.gif

I think the prog rock worship idea came a little later tbh.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Agree to disagree.

I definitely think Opeth have always had progressive rock in mind, their whole career. They were after all considered a progressive death metal band. I never said their early stuff was "prog rock worship" though, I simply think they were a progressive rock band in spirit earlier on (Mikael in early interviews I've read cited his main influences as Black Sabbath, Camel and Morbid Angel) and actually made truly progressive music.

Now I think they're just engaging in trendified, nostalgia rock forms of progressive music (though still quite good imo).

Agree to disagree.

I definitely think Opeth have always had progressive rock in mind, their whole career. They were after all considered a progressive death metal band. I never said their early stuff was "prog rock worship" though, I simply think they were a progressive rock band in spirit earlier on (Mikael in early interviews I've read cited his main influences as Black Sabbath, Camel and Morbid Angel) and actually made truly progressive music.

Early on I always viewed them as a black/death metal band with prog rock influences. I could see wanting to be prog rock in spirit as early as MAYH, but nothing really earlier than that. It was always an influence though, ill concede at least that much.

Now I think they're just engaging in trendified, nostalgia rock forms of progressive music (though still quite good imo).

Nah, the new stuff is garbage and completely forgettable.

Speaking of logos. Are any of you fucks good at tracing and would like to make a hi-res version of a low-res logo that @CASSETTEISGOD made for me? That fuck doesn't know what he did with the original because he's a moron.

Prices are negotiable. I will gladly pay in BJs and beer.

Speaking of logos. Are any of you fucks good at tracing and would like to make a hi-res version of a low-res logo that @CASSETTEISGOD made for me? That fuck doesn't know what he did with the original because he's a moron.

Prices are negotiable. I will gladly pay in BJs and beer.

IIRC I used Paint.net with a vector plugin for the logos I did for Desolator and Ending Quest.