Bands/Musicians you've met

One night, I got extremely intoxicated with Anal Blast, The Chasm, and Necrobutcher from Mayhem even stopped by the party. I never smoked that much weed AND drank that much Hieneken in my life.

Buckethead - Buckethead, without the costume - he's a cool guy, too. We were talking about the Black Sabbath performance in Devore, CA at the Ozzfest from the month prior.

^ The winners.

Only guys I've ever met were the guys in Arsis. Mike Van Dyne is the coolest little hyper dude ever.

LOL, Sorry 5thSeason but you make it sound like your pissed off for meeting all these guys and that your the greatest man on earth because some of these guys "wouldn't leave you alone".

Just my perception!

The Bringer said:
LOL, Sorry 5thSeason but you make it sound like your pissed off for meeting all these guys and that your the greatest man on earth because some of these guys "wouldn't leave you alone".

Just my perception!

It can happen. I met HIMSA (one of the good -core bands) because they approached me after a show. I talked to the bassist and one of the guitar playera for about 2 hours. Cool guys, but my shitty-drunk friend kind of got on their nerves because he was like "Oh man, you guys are soooo cool...".
I just wanted to say, "How the fuck can you be starstruck with HIMSA?"

When you go on a festival it´s natural that you meet some "famous" people. About 6 years ago some frieds an I were drinking with Satyricon and their session members, incl. guys from Gehenna, Sinergy and Necrobutcher from Mayhem. Also Alexi from Children of Bodom where there, but he left soon.
Some other bands I met were Zyklon, Naglfar, andalotiforgot

The Bringer said:

Just my perception!

I only said that peter from Hypocrisy wouldnt leave us alone... and its true. We had met him a few times, but here is the full story on that just so I dont come off like a prick. It was this past summer when Soilwork & Dark Tranquillity were touring togeather. As I said I am friends with both of those bands and my girlfriend and I along with a friend of ours and his younger brother were on the soilwork bus in Philly after the show. Around 2am the bus driver told us they had to get going so we said goodbye to everyone and got off the bus. We were heading around the corner to our car and we were passing DT's bus (which they were sharing with hypocrisy). We stopped on their bus to say goodbye to those guys as well, and on our way off the bus we see Peter from hypocrisy running to the bus (I guess he was afraid they were leaving w/o him). Now our friends younger brother had never met Peter before and he is a really big fan of Hypocrisy and Pain so our friend decided to just say, "hey there is peter, you should say hi" so his brother did just that, as peter was right in front of us waving our friends brother was like "hey man, good show tonight" or something like that and peter just stopped and hes like "heeeeey... let me tell you a story. A story about THE FIRE IN THE SKY!" He was obviously drunk off his ass, and he really wouldnt stop talking to us. He kept hugging us and trying to tell us some crazy ass story, and he was interupting himself to tell us not to do drugs, and that "I reeeeeespect you!" We kept telling him to get on his bus that they were all waiting for him and they had to leave. We said goodbye and just tried to walk away from him but he just started to follow us and talk to us. This went on for a good 15 mins before his tour manager and a tech came out and had to actually pick him up like a battering ram and carry him on the bus. His pants fell off when they were putting him on the bus (which was gross) and as we are walking away we hear peter again. We turn around and see him hanging out the window from the back lounge area of the bus still trying to tell us that damn story. We were all laughing our asses off, and we even managed to snap a few pictures.

stefandpeter.jpg

our friends younger brother having his man-boob molested by peter

peterlevon.jpg

our friend trying to get peter to get on his bus, but failing to do so

peterdragged.jpg

tour manager to the rescue!

We went to the show in NYC a week or so later and peter remembered some of that night and he was like "oh guys im sorry about that, I think I had too much to drink". hes a nice guy but what I said was true... he really wouldnt leave us alone that night... I wasnt trying to sound like "the man" or anything, there was just no other way to describe it.

oh and i also just remembered. ive met devin townsend.. which was just a few weeks ago. After soilworks show at the electric factory in Philly I was in their dressing room. It was just myself, my girlfriend, a friend of ours, Bjorn, Drik, and Ola (frenning) and Devin just walked in and sat down and hung out for a while. He was also on the bus later that night. Also... despite how INSANE he seems while hes on stage, hes actually a very normal, very friendly person.

EDIT: I also forgot about the Haunted. I dont really like their music, but durring this years ozzfest I drove up to northern jersey to hang out with soilwork for a couple of days. one night we were in this karaoke bar attached to a hotel and the guys from the haunted came in. That was a fun night. Bjorn (soilwork vocalist) got up and did a Frank Sinatra song ("my way") which sounded really good. I recorded a video of that, I think they might post it on their site soon. I also recorded the singer for the haunted doing some country song in that same karaoke bar. Funny stuff. Oh and on a side note, there was a really fat white guy getting up there doign gangster rap, and a really dorky looking guy doign megadeth which was also funny.

Ive met/spoken with Bjorn Geolette, Michael Amott numerous times as well as all the other members of Arch Enemy. I hung out with Devin Townsend for an hour after an SYL show a few years ago. Burton C Bell and Dino Cazares and Ray Hererra. I recently went to a pub with Jeff Loomis and Van Williams and drank beers with them for a few hours, and I hung out with All of Nevermore and Dew Scented and had dinner with them later that same night.

I cant remember but there's more...

- Graham Oliver, ex Saxon. We played a gig together in Pescara.
- Dream Theater (except J. Myung) in a pub in Rome, the night before their gig in 2002. Portnoy played bass in a jam session with my friends and I talked with La Brie on the street.
- Angra, after a gig in Milano, close to their tour bus.
- Novembre (I saw lots of you like them!) G. Orlando produced our debut Album!! :))
- Tommy Hansen (Helloween producer), produced our second Album!! :)))

I have met and chatted with Maiden, metallica I talked for ages with lars about N.W.O.B.H.M i had some signed records that he did'nt have & Cliff :)worship: )signed my bass. Van Halen and Ozzy at donnington and AC/DC with bon at hammersmith Odeon (highway to hell tour - Really nice people:) ).
Since i've been married I don't get to see alot of tours now. Last one was at cardiff with Rammstein. Didn't see 'em as they avoided everyone (German fuckers)

Ohh poor Peter. He really shouldn't drink so much--- I don't understand why people do it. You just end up losing all dignity and people laugh at you. It's too bad.

Nag said:
I've met quite a few. Bought Dave Suzuki and Tony from Vital Remains beers in 2002. Larry From november's doom plus the rest of em. and others I dont feel like typing out.

Talking to Regularly over the net... Larry from November's Doom.. Andreas from Naglfar.. Rob From Embalmer.. Aerik Von from like 9 million different bands. Brian from Sol Asunder. etc..

wow that kicks ass. i saw rob zombie at a kiss concert but i didnt talk to him. i dont like him much. the funny part is that noone knew it was him. he was just watching the show

Susperia said:
Ohh poor Peter. He really shouldn't drink so much--- I don't understand why people do it. You just end up losing all dignity and people laugh at you. It's too bad.

Have you ever been so drunk with a friend you through good sized pieces of pumpins at cars pissing people off so bad one eventually calls a cop. A cop comes down the road with a loud speakers going ' exit the woods'.

Now that is FUNNY

pumpins hit hard. I must have put out two,three headlights. It's funny when a car runs over broken beer bottles and then gets surprised by a pumpkin.

The Greys said:
Have you ever been so drunk with a friend you through good sized pieces of pumpins at cars pissing people off so bad one eventually calls a cop. A cop comes down the road with a loud speakers going ' exit the woods'.

Now that is FUNNY

pumpins hit hard. I must have put out two,three headlights. It's funny when a car runs over broken beer bottles and then gets surprised by a pumpkin.

You should be in jail.

Björn Gelotte on their tour bus.
Met Neil Turbin, he also bought me beer.
All the guys from Dark Tranquillity a few months back.
All the guys from Amon Amarth a week ago.

5thSeason said:
oh and i also just remembered. ive met devin townsend.. which was just a few weeks ago. After soilworks show at the electric factory in Philly I was in their dressing room. It was just myself, my girlfriend, a friend of ours, Bjorn, Drik, and Ola (frenning) and Devin just walked in and sat down and hung out for a while. He was also on the bus later that night. Also... despite how INSANE he seems while hes on stage, hes actually a very normal, very friendly person.

EDIT: I also forgot about the Haunted. I dont really like their music, but durring this years ozzfest I drove up to northern jersey to hang out with soilwork for a couple of days. one night we were in this karaoke bar attached to a hotel and the guys from the haunted came in. That was a fun night. Bjorn (soilwork vocalist) got up and did a Frank Sinatra song ("my way") which sounded really good. I recorded a video of that, I think they might post it on their site soon. I also recorded the singer for the haunted doing some country song in that same karaoke bar. Funny stuff. Oh and on a side note, there was a really fat white guy getting up there doign gangster rap, and a really dorky looking guy doign megadeth which was also funny.
get a life

anonymousnick2001 said:
^

Only guys I've ever met were the guys in Arsis. Mike Van Dyne is the coolest little hyper dude ever.

He is amazingly nice. When they were playing here I met him. He mentioned he had a cold and I told him to go take some medicine. That is all...

I know the guys in Lethal. They're so kvlt.

And I know Will of the Ancients.

haha lolz ogm bai

EDIT: TIM YOU NEED TO START TALKING TO FUCKING ARGHOSLENT I'M NOT KIDDING.