Bands that transition between deathy heavy and clean melodic.

TPH is pretty good... I'm definitely looking for slower doomy and/or gothicky stuff though...

Listening to Sear Bliss - The Haunting at the moment... really good album... a mix of black and gothic metal I suppose?

Well... I've only heard their first album once... let me listen to their second and the first again before you doth smite me down.

cover_165920392009.jpg

TPH is pretty good... I'm definitely looking for slower doomy and/or gothicky stuff though...

Listening to Sear Bliss - The Haunting at the moment... really good album... a mix of black and gothic metal I suppose?

That's an awesome albumk as well. Well, I would say it should be labelled "dark metal"

October Tide's two albums are immense...

I think I'm going to have to invest in some cds after christmas.

The band God from Romania is fairly obscure... I think... and they fit this thread really well if anyone out there besides me is watching this thread.

The Project Hate never disappoint IMO, unfortunately they haven't changed their sound since 2000

Unholy(fin)-from the shadows,the second ring of power. Doom Metal mixed with funeral and death with harsh vocals(some cleans), some transitions from heavy to clean and acoustic guitars, excellent guitar playing drumming and keyboards along with vocals.

you might like them

...speaking of Anathema, their re-recorded 93 Serenades session version of All Faith is Lost originally from 91 is classic and one of the greatest Death/Doom songs ever written/recorded period imo. I had the out of print 95 version of Serenades with this version bonus along with Crestfallen and have no idea what happened to it.:mad:

All Faith is Lost.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=MVNkR0lhbEowMEZMWEE9PQ

I kinda like Judgment a lot more than I like doom-era Anathema. Basically the exact opposite of my tastes for Katatonia, whom I listen to most of the time for doom. Though I probably like TD and NITND as much as Judgment if not more.