Bands that tune to Bb?

New JFAC (Ruination) isn't tuned that low, I think its in C

My input was going to be Nevermore, Meshuggah, Nocturnal Rites, Pissing Razors, Skinlab, some In Flames, and I think Novembers Doom. Even Arch Enemy had a couple songs down that low, like "Savage Messiah".

haha you beat me to most of these but oceano is actually drop A not A# i tried learning one of their songs while in A# and got so fucking confused cause the open notes didnt sound the same *FACEPALM*

ah right, i was going from what joey said around the time it was released

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/478535-oceano-depths.html#post8130655

i've not tried to play along to it myself though, perhaps he just meant for that one song or something.

I could have sworn that Korn were in A standard, judging by their transcriptions in guitar magazines and an interview or two, but I'm about as certain as I can be that Dino uses A standard on his 7s (and F# standard on his 8s) - I'm quite sure he said that, and when I got to play his guitars briefly after a few shows that's what I recall them being tuned to.

Jeff

wow, that's some bands I wouldn't have thought of, cheers.

tuning that low happend as follows:

band said "we tune to C# standard" I had a guitsr set up in C and they liked it so we decided to go C.
then it turns out they're not tuning to C# but drop C#, so we'd had to tune 5 of the 6 strings on a floyd rose guitar higher...after the FR had been set up for C std...meeh, I decided to just tune the lowest string lower instead (to not have to fuck with the FR that much) and everyone liked it.

I've always had a guitar in C# standard, and usually one in B but after jamming to some nevermore I found that semitone down to be absolutely massive! Nowdays I'm in Eb/C#/B, and looking for a baritone to give me my Bb stability!

We tune to Bb in my band as well. We play sevenstrings, but the reason for tuning down a semi-tone from B isn't just because it's "heavier". Bb fits my voice better than B and it sounds more evil in a way... Don't know how to explain it better, but Bb has a whole different mood or atmosphere from B or C or whatever.

seriously, korn and fear factory don't do drop tunings? could someone confirm this? I don't trust crazy math freaks that much

just playing with ya jeff, but I DO want someone to confirm Korn isn't Drop A, that would destroy my whole youth you know

Yeah, Korn is definitly A standard. As far as I know they have never used drop tunings, but then again I kinda lost touch with them after 'Untouchables'.