Bands U Like Except Katatonia?

Alice In Chains, Amon Amarth, Anathema, Ani Difranco, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Blaze, Blind Guardian, Borknagar, Broken Oath, Burial of An Era (these are a local band from Wisconsin (http://metalalliance.dumah.com), Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Crowded House, Cutting Crew, Dark Tranquillity, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Dido, Dimmu Borgir, Dumah, Emotep, Faith No More, Finntroll, Flogging Molly, Iced Earth, Iggy Pop, In Flames, INXS, Iron Maiden, Lacuna Coil, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Macabre, Mayhem, Moonspell, Morbid Angel, My Dying Bride, Nick Cave, Nightwish, Nile, NIN, Nocturnal Rites, Opeth, Otyg, Pearl Jam, Penetration, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Propagandhi, Radiohead, Rammstein, Rhapsody, Roxy Music, Rush, Sigur Ros, Silik, Somnus, Sonata Arctica, Storm, Symphony X, System of a Down, Taake, Teratism, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Gathering, Tom Waits, Tool, Vintersorg, Waterboys, Winds, Zyklon

Wow... that's a lot.. There's many more. :)

the bands that I prefer, in order of liking the most first:
Filter
Katatonia
TOOL
Nothingface
System of a Down
Pitchshifter
Marilyn Manson
Rob Zombie
a perfect circle
Pressure 4-5
Revis

My favorite bands are so many and i can't make a list right now but i can tell you my very very special ones that they are as follows:

Katatonia
Anathema
Sentenced
Paradise Lost
Opeth
Moonspell
Ancient
Crematory
Lacuna Coil
The gathering
My Dying bride
Amorphis

Blind Guardian
Opeth
Nevermore
Symphony X
Soilwork
Anathema
Absu
Angel Dust
Emperor
Porcupine Tree
Immortal
Dream Theater
Spiral Architect
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards
Kamelot
Vintersorg
Borknagar
Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai

Er, that's all I can remember.

imo anathema ruled on eternity / alternative 4 / judgement

i like dream theater / symphorce / anathema / eternal tears of sorrow / to die for / amaran / gamma ray / helloween / nevermore / pain of salvation / sentenced / blackmore's night / antimatter / chroma key and many others... :rolleyes:

the bands except katatonia that i listen to most nowadays are:

deftones
chimaira
a perfect circle ( ! )
tool

n here are the ones i like, but dont listen to that much:

slipknot
korn
ill niño

when i read your lists it seems as if you're really limited to one type of music, which isnt really my kind of thing, when i like something i listen to it and thats just it... therefore i say you can talk as much crap about me as you want... i even allow you to call me the nu-metal-gay :confused:
btw im still young, maybe i just havent found my way in music yet.. only god knows, and he doesnt exist in my religion ;<

zeroMaximum said:
the bands except katatonia that i listen to most nowadays are:

deftones
chimaira
a perfect circle ( ! )
tool

n here are the ones i like, but dont listen to that much:

slipknot
korn
ill niño

when i read your lists it seems as if you're really limited to one type of music, which isnt really my kind of thing, when i like something i listen to it and thats just it... therefore i say you can talk as much crap about me as you want... i even allow you to call me the nu-metal-gay :confused:
btw im still young, maybe i just havent found my way in music yet.. only god knows, and he doesnt exist in my religion ;<
Actually... YOU seem to be more limited than several others musicwise

Katatonia,anathema,apefectcircle,tool,opeth,octobertide,themarsvolta,frankzappa,porcupinetree,peach,muse,nitinsawhney,jeffbuckley,toriaoms,etc.etc

daimonion said:
Actually... YOU seem to be more limited than several others musicwise

well said :worship: i stand corrected... but you know what i really meant was that i try ( TRY ) to be open to new music.

and dAnus, isnt that a good thing then? :) gives you 2 different angles... i only have VE, LFDGD, TD and DODS, so i cant really say, but on DODS they try to sound too much, they cant really accomplish what they want. i must say i am very happy with the way katatonia have changed, although i expect people to disagree with me.

zeroMaximum said:
well said :worship: i stand corrected... but you know what i really meant was that i try ( TRY ) to be open to new music.
You are forgiven.. YEEEES BOOW TO MEEEEE!!! :worship: :worship: :D :worship: :worship:

zeroMaximum said:

and dAnus, isnt that a good thing then? :) gives you 2 different angles... i only have VE, LFDGD, TD and DODS, so i cant really say, but on DODS they try to sound too much, they cant really accomplish what they want. i must say i am very happy with the way katatonia have changed, although i expect people to disagree with me.
usually you see the ones who like the 'oldschool underground' * disapprove the newer generation. But you are right, you've got 2 angles. You know, when i first heard DoDs. i was completely whiped away.
With Katatonia it's different, i like all of their releases. Although it would be great to here some more stuff of their BMD area.
When, for instance i go to the Pantera forum, i really would like to educate the people overthere, but they are blinded by the thought Pantera was the originator (look at the first 2 Exhorder releases) or when i would go to the Anathema forum, i would have said that they changed styles that much that i couldn't keep up with their changes.
Katatonia on their releases always suprise me positive. although i like growling, and like to hear more of the simplistic Bmd style of music. We all know only one band could pull it of the way it sounds best.

I hope it's a bit clear. My mind isn't at the moment.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/review/83/2844/

* i'm sorry to name this term.

:headbang: I couldn't list 'em all, but here's a few...

Alice in Chains
Anathema
Ancient Rites
Angel Corpse
Bathory
BLOODBATH
Catamenia
Celtic Frost
Cradle of Filth
Cryptopsy
Danzig
Death
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Hypocrisy
Immortal
Katatklysm
Lacrimas Profundere
Long Winter's Stare
Morbid Angel
Mortician
My Dying Bride
NOVEMBER'S DOOM
Obituary
OCTOBER TIDE
OPETH
Pungent Stench
ROTTING CHRIST
Satyricon
Smashing Pumpkins
Theatre of Tragedy
Tristania
Type O Negative
Vital Remains

With Katatonia, I love everything they do. They are just all around talented. There are the 2 angles, but if you cannot accept that the change is there and isn't leaving, then it's not your place to be a fan. I loved their first release as much as I love their new one, and the only thing they could ever do to disappoint me is break up! BTW, I own DODS, BMD, DO, TD, LFDGD, VE, the Teargas EP, and the Sounds of Decay EP.

dAnus said:
Alternative 4 is their weakest imo.

Weird to see that on this forum there are a lot of 'new generation' metalheads. And some really conservatives on the other side.

Isnt that the cool part?? That both sides are represented??? :Spin:
If I should take a side it must be a mix between new generation and old conservative... I love old school, but I also enjoy the new styles of Katatonia ( the very "TOOL"ish sound )

and btw Alternative 4 isnt their weakest... that's "judgement"! but we could keep on discussing this forever because all it's really a question about is taste :loco: and that's a thing you cannot agree completely about :D

I don't see it as a negative thing, although there are some really stupid " anyone" posts here ;)
I think myself as a really extreme and conservative listener. Although there are some bands that still interest me. And Katatonia is one of them.