Bands Who Use Drum Machines

raw

Reactions: CiG
Buy a very simple kit and learn to play drums, instead of fucking around witch drum machines. Music should be creative in all aspects, there's no sense in half assing the drums.

Reactions: CiG
I just don't see how using a drum machine is "half-assing" it. Using a drum machine provides different benefits that real drums can't, and vice versa.

Well listen to any drum machine band and tell me it wouldn't sound better with a real drummer. Honestly asking. Because I do like many bands that use a machine, and it just never sounds as good to me, but that could be because I'm super obsessed with how drums sound as you may have noticed. :saint:

Reactions: PrincessHades
Well listen to any drum machine band and tell me it wouldn't sound better with a real drummer. Honestly asking. Because I do like many bands that use a machine, and it just never sounds as good to me, but that could be because I'm super obsessed with how drums sound as you may have noticed. :saint:

The Butt likes some rap, and drum machines do serve a niche there. However, in most other genres, real drums are highly favorable over a drum machine.

Sometimes the clinical, mechanical sound of a drum machine fits the music better than if they had a real drummer. I mean, you yourself admit here that the sound is different, no?

I just think the whole "play the drums or don't do it at all" mentality is dumb.

As important to the sound as a real drum kit is, if you are looking for play that isnt sloppy and amateurish, I see no real problem with going the drum machine route. Ask any halfway decent drummer how long it took him to get his chops and consider whether you want to spend all that time away from writing shit on the guitar. Though I would have to admit that learning how to drum would probably make for better drum parts even if you are just programming them into a machine. Depends on what type of music you want to play as well. Real drums are always preferable, but on the other hand you could easily learn how to program drum tracks that would possibly take years to be able to play.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Im not saying that I even like the idea of trying to make music without a drummer, but if it comes down to having to learn drumming from the ground up or using a drum machine, the machine is much more practical. You could even eventually find a drummer to play the parts later on. It's kind of better than not making music at all.

I see your point though. I cant even comprehend a guitar machine.

l sent this album to a mate in Italy back in 2004 l think. He had no idea who it was and couldn't believe the amazing musicianship, especially the geetarist (Ron Jarzombek) and the drummer (Dee Fore)

bare in mind that Dee Fore is a drum machine programmed by the aforementioned geetarist.

Once you know, you know, but fuck me, that's dedication.

Godflesh-Streetcleaner is the first thing that pops in my mind where a drum machine is for the better. It just wouldn't have the same impact if the drums didn't have that cold machine like sound.

Reactions: Sirjack