Bands you like no matter what

Mar 13, 2006
Tacoma WA
It seems to me there is a common thread in metal, probably in any kind of music really, where we have some fans of bands who like that band no matter what they put out or do, and other people who are quick to call it a sellout or whatever if a band changes their style or direction. I've seen little bits of this in other threads and thought maybe we could pull it together in one place here.

So I'll jump off the deep end and say that I'm behind Metallica even with all the admittedly odd and non metal things they've done through the years. And I've taken my fair share of shit about it. I just think a band has the right to experiment and try other things. Sometimes the experiments suck and that is ok. We change and look at things differently as we get older so why shouldn't bands?

I think I've seen that we have a die hard Aerosmith fan here, I know Evil C is in the bag for Anthrax, how about the rest of you? And how about the idea that a band should just keep doing that same old stuff even if the band is like Slayer or Metallica and been aroundd a long time? Let's hear what you think.

Papa Josh said:
Celtic Frost, yes I even enjoyed some songs from Cold Lake.... :cry:

Me too.. Actually JUices Like Wine is the first celtic frost that i actually liked (My first LP fromk them is Parched w/ Thirst) and I was surprised that it came from that album, an album despised by fans and celtic frost themselves. I've never heard th whole Cold Lake album though.

And back with the thread. The band I liked no matter what is METALLICA also. I keep defending and keep making excuses for thier credibility these days. But i always wished they could offer more musically.

Tiamat also, even with the monotone deliveries.. something unique about them.

Anathema.. even in thier most radio head form still spills forth some pleasing emotions of despair and isolation. Still doom by context. New song 'Everything' is just beautiful.

The Gathering.. Still very interesting even if they moved away from metal. Annekes voice is throughly remarkable. Even Msr cast played shortest day.. i think it was evil C. who put that one.

Anathema...agreed. definitely one of my favorite bands. I actually love their later day material even more than the early stuff. An emotional, amazing band live.

The Gathering...Love her voice, and love the band. even though they have moved on from their metal roots. still great music, and that is all that matters.