Bands you would love to see at Heathen Crusade

Ugh, they went to shit. I wouldn't want them unless they got that pretty, beautiful, and practical black haired singer back instead of the fat, pig face blonde. I looooooove I Lytinne Tva, it's the best drinking song. But from what I've heard of their new material it's just shit.

Doomsword!

Damn, that's harsh. I thought Troll was a great album; and of course Det Vilde Kor is quite different than their previous material, but I've grown to like it quite a bit. I think Stine has a beautiful voice. You'll probably be happy to hear that she is no longer a member of the band though.

I only have their first CD and I really like it, a lot. I haven't heard good things about the new one, mainly they aren't metal anymore, but if I find it I would probably buy it and give it a listen.

I guess I didn't realize the singer on the 1st CD isn't the current singer. Too bad, she had an amazing voice.

They would be probably be laughed off the stage. :p

I'm not sayin' I don't like 'em, but, when I first saw them (a couple years ago at Summerbreeze) they did come off as funny (not just because of their ren-fest costumes and my constant mead chugging.....ok, maybe partly), in an "un-metal" sort of way and I wasn't the only one laughing.

Korpiklaani, is probably an obvious choice because they're so popular, but there must be some good reason they don't play the states (or have they?).

Personally, I'd probably be happiest about having a bunch of bands I've never seen before. I love surprises!

Uaral should be given a 2 hour slot consisting of crying on stage.

Also, I'm sure they were mentioned already, but after listening to An Deiz Ruz tonight, I've decided Heol Telwen needs to be given a slot.

They would be probably be laughed off the stage. :p

I would punch people who laughed. Hard. Nah, I'd probably just stand there and glare at them. :mad:

It'd be pretty neat to see Dalriada, from Hungary. They're not really all that heavy, clean vocals, but they're pretty good. XIV Dark Centuries would be nice too.

I'd like to see either Odroerir or Menhir play the next fest.

I'd also like to see these bands make a return

Bal-Sagoth
Mael Mordha
Obtest
Primordial
Skyforger
Slough Feg

...man there have been some great bands at heathen crusade.:kickass:

Primordial, for sure.
Cruachan
Elvenking
Eluveitie
Skyforger
Woods of Ypres

Okay. Anything. I'll see anyone at Heathen Crusade. I had no idea this fest existed and I'm stoked. Primordial would be a dream come true. But just seeing a weekend of bands in this genre would be a dream come true.

So...

What will it take to make it happen?

Bill

Okay. Anything. I'll see anyone at Heathen Crusade. I had no idea this fest existed and I'm stoked. Primordial would be a dream come true. But just seeing a weekend of bands in this genre would be a dream come true.

So...

What will it take to make it happen?

Bill

Awesome - nice to have you on board Bill. Dinero, definitely dinero is the greatest way to help the fest right now to stay on it's feet. Check out the stickied pledge thread if you'd like to consider donating when the time is right. (No one has given anything yet, just pledged whatever amount seems reasonable for them for helping out a later date).

The fest itself has been a phenominal experience for me the past two years - great bands, great merch, great atmosphere, great friends, great stage crew, sound, etc. It definitely has a raw and intimitate feel to it, but if those elements don't bother you (and not only don't they bother me, but they appeal to me) then it should be right up your alley, especially if you're digging the styles. Mostly paganesque/viking/black metal with elements of traditional/power/death thrown in to complement from time to time.

Come on out - you won't be sorry.

(Be sure to check out some great accounts of both HC 1 and 2 in the threads linked to here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ed-help-out-those-who-never-made-journey.html)

Cheers,

Jason

Nothing has been officially announced that I'm aware of, but supposedly they are still working on things. I am definitely looking forward to attending another one, as the last two were the best experiences I've ever had as far as festivals are concerned. There's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of cool people, drinking some beers, and seeing some awesome bands play live that we'd probably not get to see in the States otherwise.

Deathfalls, do you have XIV Dark Centuries '06 release?

Yes, I like it quite a bit.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't mention it before, but I'd love to see Metsatöll too!