Banned from Sevenstring.org for a month...

Ive never really looked at SS.org much, but I've read PLENTY of complaints about the way the forum is run. Surely the mod's should take notice of this and realise that they're driving people away from the forum instead of stalking and perma-banning people who don't like the Nazi-ish way the place is run?

I've thought a couple of times about getting a 7/8 string guitar and would like to have somewhere to go and get information and opinions from others, but if this is the way SS.org is run I certainly wont be posting there.

You need to realize the type of players that "frequent" SS.org

The original owners of SS.org left after it became fanboi heaven. The players that are on there now are all the "OMG LOOK HOW DJENTY MY PENIS IS" type of crowd. They all jerk each other off and stroke each others DJENTY COCKS in order to feel better about themselves. NONE of the regular posters on SS.org have done anything even REMOTELY pro in their lives. Sure you get the occasional post from guys like Chris Broderick, Jeff Loomis, Per from Scar Symmetry but the regular every day posters are only concerned with one thing. GETTING THEIR DJENTY COCKS STROKED!

That being said there is a professionalism here on the AS forum that allows us to be able to joke with, troll, and fuck with one another while retaining a certain amount of respect for one another. Ya me and Jeffy have had our spats, but I still respect the guy and his work. I would venture to say 90% of the forum here is between the ages of 27 and 35 while the average age of a member on SS.org is probably between 21 and 30. That hold alot of weight into how things get handled.

SS.org is for those people NEW to everything related to guitar and recording it. The AS for is for people who have been doing this for a while and are looking to expand on their knowledge.

Oh ya everything I said above and lets not forget http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/off-topic-tavern/511851-tits-arses-yarr.html :)

Which fire?

You were probably going to mention the guys from Tesseract, or Periphery right?

Not that I dont like those bands or the guys in them, but then are not the "regular" posters nowadays. Sure in the past they were but not nowadays. Seriously no matter what you can come up with its not going to start any more drama, or FUCK YOU man types of comments. I would really like to know where you were going with that....

Which fire?

You were probably going to mention the guys from Tesseract, or Periphery right?

Not that I dont like those bands or the guys in them, but then are not the "regular" posters nowadays. Sure in the past they were but not nowadays. Seriously no matter what you can come up with its not going to start any more drama, or FUCK YOU man types of comments. I would really like to know where you were going with that....

Nope. I won't comment on that bands here, except to say that the members of Periphery have a shitload of posts over the last few months - they're just limited to their own thread, in most cases.

The post I edited was entirely about my own band, and I see no reason to have that discussion here.

Mike,

While I do quite enjoy your band, and I do think its no nonsense kick ass American metal. I dont see you guys doing any of the big tours or being on one of the larger small labels. Now that not to say you guys aren't good or any of that jazz....

I guess I should explain my view on "pro" and what requirements I personally thinks makes you a "pro" in the biz.

1. Semi Major Label Release:Combat, Nuclear Blast, Lables with that kind of distro and ones that actually give you some kind of "advance"
2. Major Touring: Large Festivals, Playing in multiple countries around the world
3. Endorsments that are not any less then a 25% buy
4. Media Publication and Coverage. If anything larger then an online blog or fanzine has written an article on the band, you may qualify if you meet other criteria above.

I am not putting you or your band down. I want to make that clear, but even I don't consider myself a "pro", and didn't consider myself a pro even though in the 90s I met more then one of the above criteria. If anything I would consider guys like you and I semi-pro.

semi-pro-2-1024.jpg

1. Semi Major Label Release:Combat, Nuclear Blast, Lables with that kind of distro and ones that actually give you some kind of "advance"
2. Major Touring: Large Festivals, Playing in multiple countries around the world
3. Endorsments that are not any less then a 25% buy
4. Media Publication and Coverage. If anything larger then an online blog or fanzine has written an article on the band, you may qualify if you meet other criteria above.

. . .

Those are very skewed criteria for a professional band.

We could get into a debate about it, to be honest though... I'd prefer me some Cap'n Philnis action.