BARFEST III!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Plans are underway for the 3rd installment of Bay Area Rock Fest III. The dates are not set yet, but we are looking toward sometime in May before the European festival season and Memorial Day. I am talking with several headliners at this point, and many mid-tier slots and opening acts. If all goes well, we will have the complete festival announced by the end of the year so that people can properly plan their travel. I know it was difficult for many people to come out this year based on the late notice.

If all goes well, we will be upgrading the venue this year-- The Independent was perfect for starting out the festival- it has great sound, good people, good equipment and was very easy to work with. I realize that many people have complained because there was no place to sit down, plus the parking situation etc.

As far as the bands and theme of the festival, that is being carefully considered for this year- There will be the usual mix of Bay Area bands, European bands, as well as hopefully another Pacific Rim band. There will be some different themes touched on in our festival which will make it unique, and worth attending on its own, rather than a direct competition with any other festival out there..

If you are interested in helping out with the festival, please view my separate thread on sponsorship information..