BARFEST RULED!!!

ZHJ&T

Dec 7, 2002
www.zerohourweb.com
Just want say Dave YOU SO RULE!! Dave brought it this year and I can't thank him enough for what he's doing for the scene in the Bay Area. He worked so hard to put this together and I can't wait to see what he puts together next year.

It was great to hangout and chat with everyone at the event....YOU ALL RULE!! It was so awesome to see the guys from Sun Caged, Dark Water, Enchant, all the bands for that matter have such a great experience at the event. It's a great moment for bands like us to be part of something this cool.

LIQUID TENSION KILLED!!! Their set was off the charts and so inspiring. I couldn't help but smile throughout their set.

Thank you to everyone who came out because the support in the Bay is so needed and YOU made the fest amazing.

Jasun

P.S. Great to catch up with Brett, Heny, Shelly, Bear, Eric, Chris....The whole BARfest crew for that matter because this list can go on and on.

yeah, LTE was amazing. so much talent. each player was equally talented. the compositions were incredible. it was very cool to see that at least *somebody* has taken what jimi hendrix started a long time ago and is *still* pushing it like crazy to the outer limits. so much whussy crap (shudder) all this petty, worthles empty s* in the f*ing 'mainstream', blech, but these 4 guys are like gods practically and only get a relative smattering of attention. well, whatever, that doesnt mean what they ar doing isnt the highest and best and utmost reach into the sphere of truly great modern music, it just means that the world has a big appetite for crap, mundane, banal, empty headed, intellectually dead garbage, etc etc etc

it would take a million posts to parse throguh all the details of al the mind boggling stuff these guys were doing. the one thing that impressed me the most is the nature of the compositions, and how they could sustain them for so long,, and they made it look so eay and efortless

if felt great to be a part of the scene last night. i never go out to see anything most of the time because there is just too much worthless s* floating around. but *this* is the kind of stuff definitely worth seeeing.

i had to laugh tho. i think the capacity is about 500 or so, and looking out at the crowd i think there were 499 guitar players and somebody's girlfriend who thought her bf was taking to a movie called liquid tension experiment, lol

ahhh, what a shame girls dont seem to take a liking to this music. what is the matter with girls anyway? :)

Just want say Dave YOU SO RULE!! Dave brought it this year and I can't thank him enough for what he's doing for the scene in the Bay Area. He worked so hard to put this together and I can't wait to see what he puts together next year.

It was great to hangout and chat with everyone at the event....YOU ALL RULE!! It was so awesome to see the guys from Sun Caged, Dark Water, Enchant, all the bands for that matter have such a great experience at the event. It's a great moment for bands like us to be part of something this cool.

LIQUID TENSION KILLED!!! Their set was off the charts and so inspiring. I couldn't help but smile throughout their set.

Thank you to everyone who came out because the support in the Bay is so needed and YOU made the fest amazing.

Jasun

P.S. Great to catch up with Brett, Heny, Shelly, Bear, Eric, Chris....The whole BARfest crew for that matter because this list can go on and on.

+1 on the three cheers for David and BARFEST!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass: and Jason - YOU RULE!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Seriously bummed to have missed everyone this year...:ill:

This past weekend was one of the coolest things I've ever been a part of, and it was totally MY pleasure to help out where needed.

Bear, thanks man, and thanks to Dave for putting on the fest and to everyone I met, whew, my head is still spinning!

Here's a pic of Bear and I with Mikey. It's hard to name a highlight of the weekend, but this moment here (and just before) is very special to me.

is.php

4ej779

JASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Had an awesome time bro, you guys smoked on everything, but hearing the new tunes was amazing... The new album takes you guys to new heights my brotha thats for sure. Always an awesome thing to see my homies in Zero Hour!!!

And as aways it's great to see all my other Bay Area Metal friends! Great to catch up and it was great to meet so many more cool peeps like you brotha moose! And also to see how many others made it from outta town...

Just a plain kickass time....

ahhh, what a shame girls dont seem to take a liking to this music. what is the matter with girls anyway? :)

There are plenty of us "girls" who love this music and have traveled the world to experience it. I wouldn't have missed a chance to see LTE for anything.

i think i need another girlfriend :)

any girl that actually liked what LTE was doing *and* understood it / truly appreciated it etc is my kinda girl

the actual girl head count looked like around 50 or so, so although the numbers are still small, assuming an ideal division (499 girls and one guy, lol --- ok, lets say 250/250 for a room that holds 500) 50 girls out of a possible 250 = 20%

so what *that* means is 20% of the female population prefer good music, but then if we take out of the 50 the 10 or so who showed up to humor their boyfriends, the percentage drops to 16%.

however, to carry the math even further, upon careful examination of the girls present (i am gonna get killed for this!) there may have only been 5 or less who were verrrrrrrrry sexeeeeeee, and like 'omg, she is sooo hot!'

and if we subtract from that group 2 humoring girlfriends, we come down to 3 girls out of 250, which is only 1%

so that means, guys, u know that very sexy girl ur crazeeeee about on the other side of the room, well the odds are 100 to 1 she would be able to stand listening to a group lik LTE playing for about 3 minutes b4 she said "baby, can we leave? i dont like this" lol

"but baby, we cant leave, these guys are great, what ru talking about???"

"can i have the keys? u can stay then"

"baby, i dont wanna be here by myself"

"well, its too loud"

keys reluctantly being handed over

she leaves

1 minute later he says to himself

"s*"

and goes to catch up with his girl

Great to hear that the Barfest was a great succes !!!!
Dave and the rest of the crew deserve it.
Wish we were their again. We had an amazing time last year.
EYEFEAR

Right on Con! It was awesome seeing you guys last year... I someday hope to see Eyefear again because you guys slayed Barfest last year... Can't wait for the new CD!

Brett

hey now, some girls like prog!! :headbang:

Unfortunately I was not able to scrounge around enough change in my couch to make it out to Cali for this one since I live on the East Coast. I really would have loved to have seen this line-up. Really killer! :)

I run USA Progressive Music e-zine, and since most of my writers are on the east coast, would anybody be kind enough (it's a volunteer-based e-zine) to volunteer to put together a nice little review article on the festival? Talk about each band in a paragraph each and share any photos they took? You would get a byline, front page coverage, photo credit, etc. I really wanted to cover this festival on my site :( Please email me at usaprogmusic@gmail.com if you are interested in writing something on the festival for the site .... thanks!! :) It be great exposure for the festival.

BAR Fest was totally awesome, it was our first USA gig and I can tell you it was one of the coollest gigs so far for us, to open up for band slike LTE and Zero Hour was awesome !!!

For everybody who bought our merchandise and stayed at our gig and kept on listening: A BIG thank you, you made us feel so welcome, adn we surely hope to return someday to play for you all.

Greets

Marcel (Sun Caged)

Marcel! It was so good to see you again, and to finally see Sun Caged live! Hope you'll be able to come play in the states again soon! :D

*big hugs* :)

BAR Fest was totally awesome, it was our first USA gig and I can tell you it was one of the coollest gigs so far for us, to open up for band slike LTE and Zero Hour was awesome !!!

For everybody who bought our merchandise and stayed at our gig and kept on listening: A BIG thank you, you made us feel so welcome, adn we surely hope to return someday to play for you all.

Greets

Marcel (Sun Caged)

Hey Marcel, you guys put on a hell of a show for us. Tell Roel that he was my friend's favorite drummer at the entire event! It was great meeting you, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!:kickass::kickass:

Brett:hotjump:

MARCEL.....YOU GUYS KICKED ASS...IT WAS AWSOME TO MEET YOU,,, I'M GREG.. I BBQ'D THE FOOD.. CANT WAIT TILL YOU GUYZ HIT THJIS PART OF AMERICA.... AND WOW... SATURDAY NITE....WOW