BATTLE METAL!!!!!

MadeInNewJersey said:
I can't fucking find my Thunderstorm CD; that's the Italian stoner band I told you & Nate about, right?

I'm fucking pissed too, b/c it was damned hard to find in the 1st place. Gar!

I thought I'd lost my "Spirit the Earth Aflame" CD last night and eventually found it in Sebastian's toy box. The little bugger. Covered in his little fingerprints too. :loco:

Thunderstorm and Doomsword were CD-R's sent to me by Doomcifer. I still have a pile of 30 CD-Rs from him which I listen to all the time. (He sent them to me in one big parcel about a year ago).

And yes to IoftheStorm, Thunderstorm are heavy metal / doom, not stoner by any means. They kick the shit out of stoner bands.

We should add Doomsword or Thunderstorm to the RC fest.

bt_thunderstrom%20-%20sad%20symphony.jpg

Are there any good bands who play battle metal with a roman twist? I believe "Epic: the Poetry of war" falls along these lines, but have yet to purchase it (nor hear it). Music with horns a blazin, as in Behemoth's - "Conquer All" is what would tickle my fancy.

Reign in Acai said:
Are there any good bands who play battle metal with a roman twist? I believe "Epic: the Poetry of war" falls along these lines, but have yet to purchase it (nor hear it). Music with horns a blazin, as in Behemoth's - "Conquer All" is what would tickle my fancy.

Don't know or can't recall that song, but this Sear Bliss album I'm listening to has a horn/battle vibe to it. It's Phantoms, btw.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Don't know or can't recall that song, but this Sear Bliss album I'm listening to has a horn/battle vibe to it. It's Phantoms, btw.

O.K you've name dropped this band in 2 different threads. You've now obligated yourself to post a sampling. ;)

IOfTheStorm said:
Doomcifer (and the others, but mainly Doomcifer will like it, i think) check this

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02ZVSY158T0B507NPF3EXXNCRX

Arryan Path. I've heard about them. Are they from Greece?

The music isn't bad but the problem I have with music with those jolly-folk melodies is that I always picture redheaded, bearded leprechauns prancing around in a field of shamrocks.

leprechaun5bp.jpg

edit - this song actually kicks ass when the riffing starts kicking in though.