Battle of the Bands

I am seriously getting tears in my eyes laughing at swabs posts "you fucking dolt!!!!" or dong or whatever

!!!!:lol: So much hate :p

I got fucking coke on my screen when i reached the "dong part". Swabs might seem rude at times but hes bloody hilarious :lol:

Well, I can see how some people don't like them, that older sound or whatever, I just don't know why. I love his voice, and I've seen them 3 times and came hard. I can't wait to see them again. They are the definition of epic imo.
Well I don't know either.. Not the old sound because I mainly like old bands, not the voice/guitar play or anything, because they're talented, that's just really boring. But I'm not into epic metal, not my stuff. I saw IM live too (several times), they're really entertaining, but I wouldn't pay 70€ to see a show.

I feel Sonata instrumentally are a better band, any guitar players confirm or deny this?
Agreed. I love SA as much as Opeth (and they're really two of my favorite metal bands), but SA's technicity has nothing to compare to Opeth's, especially on the vocals (Tony is certainely God). That's just something different, IMO Opeth play better "slow" songs than metal ones, their acoustic guitar works and ballads are great, and SA destroys everything concerning fast playing and epic power metal, as in Blank File per exemple. If you're not afraid by Mikael's clear vocals, listen to The Lotus Eater, in my opinion the best song they made since years.

That was some useless long post.

Children of bodom 28
Iron Maiden 18
Sonata Arctica 20 SAVE
Opeth 18
Fintroll 16 KILL

I felt like saving Maiden, but it will get saved for sure, so I thought I'd save SA, because it is getting a lot of hayet ;_;.

Children of bodom 30 SAVE
Iron Maiden 16 KILL
Sonata Arctica 20
Opeth 18
Fintroll 16 KILL

Also, anyone who goes "lulz u hurted maiden? u fail" can suck a cock.