BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 64 VOTING THREAD)

Forests is my favorite Vektor song as well.

It's a typo for Exumer, obviously.

lol, somehow all this time I never realized that 'Exumer' was a misspelled/Engrish 'Exhumer', always thought it was some word they made up, which is particularly bizarre on my part since the h is silent.

Sabbat (Japan)
Artillery
Flotsam & Jetsam
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Demolition Hammer
Dark Angel
Protector
Kreator
Rigor Mortis
Necrodeath
Believer
Exodus
Annihilator
Infernal Majesty
Anacrusis
Destruction
Sacrifice
Hexenhaus
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Toxik
Razor
Holy Moses
Slayer
Sadus
Coroner
Vio-lence
Dream Death
Sabbat (UK)
Obliveon
Exhorder

Reactions: jimmy101
quick question for all you guys who are taking Sabbat over Metallica, do you guys honestly think anything Sabbat has done is as good or important as RtL(an album which plenty of you have said is one of the best thrash albums ever ... numerous times), or Master of Puppets, or Kill Em All? Or are you guys just doing what comes naturally and pretending? This is an internet forum, you dont get brownie points for pretending. Instead you get people like me, who will point a finger at you guys and laugh for trying so hard.

quick question for all you guys who are taking Sabbat over Metallica, do you guys honestly think anything Sabbat has done is as good or important as RtL(an album which plenty of you have said is one of the best thrash albums ever ... numerous times), or Master of Puppets, or Kill Em All? Or are you guys just doing what comes naturally and pretending? This is an internet forum, you dont get brownie points for pretending. Instead you get people like me, who will point a finger at you guys and laugh for trying so hard.
Metallica is the most important metal band ever since late mid/late 80's. I think no one questions the impact Metallica had and still has over metal.

If we had to measure the importance and "size" of the bands, Metallica would win without any question. There's simply no metal band that can compare to them in that regard, only Iron Maiden comes close and they are heavy metal, not thrash. I mean, even compared to the big 4, Metallica is light years ahead the rest.

I voted Sabbat over Metallica because I'm tired or Metallica. I got into metal with them in mid 80's and I heard their first 5 albums a lot for at least 2 decades. I just don't feel like listening to them anymore but I do keep listening Sabbat from time to time.

You forgot to mention Load and Reload :p

I can’t even listen to Metallica’s good albums any more. Burnt to the point they aren’t fun to me at all. Then there’s the whole thing that they’ve been horrible for 30 years now.

I voted Sabbat over Metallica because I'm tired or Metallica. I got into metal with them in mid 80's and I heard their first 5 albums a lot for at least 2 decades. I just don't feel like listening to them anymore but I do keep listening Sabbat from time to time.

I can’t even listen to Metallica’s good albums any more. Burnt to the point they aren’t fun to me at all.

no offense but i just dont understand this at all. Sounds like sheer poser talk to me. Great music will always be great and i never get "burned out" on albums that i have always considered to be masterpieces. Music to me is not a fad. but hey, to each his own

Reactions: Caecius
no offense but i just dont understand this at all. Sounds like sheer poser talk to me. Great music will always be great and i never get "burned out" on albums that i have always considered to be masterpieces. Music to me is not a fad. but hey, to each his own
It can happen. Metallica is probably the most overplayed metal band in existence. Some people (including me) can get tired of the same shit after so many years and so many times. I even saw them live twice, but it's just enough for me.

AC/DC suffers the same btw. I can't just hear any shit of them anymore. I would punch anyone playing Back in Black near me any moment.

Last edited:
Idt I will ever get tired of hearing RtL, Killem All, or MoP. For how much flack they get, that shit is on point.

Metallica
Artillery
Flotsam & Jetsam
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Vektor
Dark Angel
Protector
Kreator
Forbidden
Heathen
Nuclear Assault
Exodus
Warbringer
Voivod
Xentrix
Megadeth
Possessed
Anthrax
Exhumer
Overkill
Toxik
Razor
Watchtower
Slayer
Sadus
Coroner
Exmortus
Testament
Sabbat (UK)
Sepultura
D.R.I.

I can understand people being burnt out on Metallica. Most metalheads will have gone through a Metallica phase, or at least had friends that were really into them & blasted their stuff non-stop.

Personally I prefer to watch live recordings of them playing these days, as they still gig regularly & it is easily found on youtube, rather than listening to the albums themselves. That being said, even though I've listened to their first four albums quite a bit & don't give them a spin very often anymore, there's no denying just how great the band was back in the day & the music still holds up.