BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 64 VOTING THREAD)

In the context of a thrash poll, it's unclear whether a band's non-thrash albums should be considered when evaluating them, or only their thrash material. I don't really know enough of the bands to vote so I'll stop thinking about it.

It doesn't have to be unclear. Vote for who you like, fuck what others think. Use your own yard stick and if others don't like it let them bitch. Although I can see your dilemma given that you voted no against the BOTB in the first thread.

It can happen. Metallica is probably the most overplayed metal band in existence. Some people (including me) can get tired of the same shit after so many years and so many times. I even saw them live twice, but it's just enough for me.

AC/DC suffers the same btw. I can't just hear any shit of them anymore. I would punch anyone playing Back in Black near me any moment.

TechBarb is the most autistic person on this website. Repetitive behaviors and narrow tastes are two defining features of that. The fact that he can't understand a person getting tired of something ever is his empathetic deficit, not the fault of anyone else. And I say this as someone that has probably eaten at least five thousand mustard sandwiches.

I can understand people being burnt out .
i can too, but not to a point where i start changing my opinions on albums that i thought were great. Ive been "burnt out" on a bunch of songs, bands and albums i love ... but do you think i actually think they're not as good just because ive heard them a lot?

"I LISTENED TO IT SO MANY TIMES BECAUSE IT WAS SO GOOD NOW ITS NOT SO GOOD BECAUSE I LISTENED TO IT SO MANY TIMES" :lol: okay

The fact that he can't understand
the fact that you cant understand that i literally pointed out in my first post that getting tired of a song/band does not equate to questioning the quality of said song/band shows that you still reign supreme here when it comes to autistic behavior.

You just said

Poser

Smh. And i even used quotation marks for the likes of you. For the fifth time, hearing something too much(for whatever reason) does not make the song or band any less better. The fact that you're still having trouble digesting the same thing i said with my initial post shows that you still wear a helmet when taking showers.

I picked Sabbat over Metallica because I like Sabbat more than Metallica.
now this right here is a respectable answer. And i dont think ive ever heard you say you like the band either. Not sure though

Reactions: Slammed
It doesn't have to be unclear. Vote for who you like, fuck what others think. Use your own yard stick and if others don't like it let them bitch.
Yeah, pretty much this. The idea is for people to vote for which band they prefer. There is no real criteria apart from that.

Reactions: Baroque
Not sure if you're implying that I said that.
that's what a few others basically said.

Also @HamburgerBoy So if i asked you if you would rank certain bands and albums like RtL, Fates Warning, By Inheritance, Eternal Devastation etc lower than other bands/albums just because you've heard countless times what would you say? You might be a moron, but i've never took you for some lame who would do that so im not sure why you're being a little faggot here and trying to argue.

If I ever became totally sick of any of those bands/albums, I might rank them lower depending on context. If it's an album that brought me years and years of happiness and I wanted to take a break for a while, it would still be a favorite. If the album totally lost the magic for me, I wouldn't hesitate to demote it in my personal canon.

At one point for a brief time I considered Seventh Son of a Seventh Son my all-time favorite album and I listened to it (and other Maiden albums) near-daily. I got sick of that album and I have never again enjoyed it as much as I used to. People get sick of stuff sometimes.

I can understand people being burnt out on Metallica. Most metalheads will have gone through a Metallica phase, or at least had friends that were really into them & blasted their stuff non-stop.

Personally I prefer to watch live recordings of them playing these days, as they still gig regularly & it is easily found on youtube, rather than listening to the albums themselves. That being said, even though I've listened to their first four albums quite a bit & don't give them a spin very often anymore, there's no denying just how great the band was back in the day & the music still holds up.

Last time I saw them live it was on 99 with Jason. It was fucking awesome. Nowadays Metallica live sucking sucks.

What exactly does this have to do with the quality of the music? Like i said, sheer poser talk. You guys are pretenders, not true metalheads.

I voted for the band that I can listen and enjoy over one I can't. Simple as that.

Regarding Metallica vs Sabbat, it was one of the only difficult choices this round (along with Sepultura vs Obliveon). I like Ride the Lightning more than any Sabbat, but then I like Envenom, The Dwelling and Karisma more than anything else by Metallica.

Sabbat (Japan)
Artillery
Flotsam & Jetsam
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Demolition Hammer
Dark Angel
Protector
Kreator
Rigor Mortis
Heathen
Nuclear Assault