BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 64 VOTING THREAD)

The reality of it is that 2007-2009 (or so) was the height of blogspot downloading. A lot of lesser known bands rose to fame from their older material. (Manilla Road, Pagan Altar, Infernal Majesty a bunch of others) I feel like a lot of those bands have become the “in-crowd” bands of today.

My main point is there are possibly other reasons for the increase in ratings....
ohreary? thanks for pointing that out my man

I dunno, did it? They don't get mentioned any more than most bands of their ilk in my experience.
your experience must not be much because to say that they did not gain popularity in the last dozen or so years is just ignoring facts ... ones that krow even mentioned(to some degree).

Only 626 ratings on Rateyourmusic. Wouldn't call that very popular.

i never sad they were popular in general, are you that autistic or did i need to point that out? Oh what am i saying, this is the same guy who went ahead and compared their RYM page to Metallica's and needed to point out to me that they(Metallica) were already popular before the internet boom :lol:

Anyway, the spike on their page is noticeably higher than most other bands.

how easy it is to find things on the internet. Some people will really, really like it.
yes, i agree. i pretty much said this ... numerous times.

The Metal reddit has 692,000 subscribers and Infernal Majesty only comes up 3 times on a search in the last year and not in the last 7 months.
.. and what exactly does this prove?

search the names of all the "fans" in this thread and get back to me on when they started talking about it. Slayed is the only dude here who mentioned them back then.

i never sad they were popular in general, are you that autistic or did i need to point that out?

I can see why others are confused about what you are trying to "argue" in here. Here are some selected quotes from this thread from you with the theme of popularity:

their popularity has skyrocketed

just said how it got real popular in the last 10 or so years

where i basically said they got "popular" in the last 10 or so years

And continuing on with this...

your experience must not be much because to say that they did not gain popularity in the last dozen or so years is just ignoring facts ... ones that krow even mentioned(to some degree).
That isn't what I am saying at all... yes, they have gained more exposure from the internet but I feel like this is being exaggerated a fair bit. They do come up every now and then, but as Krow alluded to this isn't dissimilar to lot of bands. But I would hesitate to say they are 'real popular' or anything. Whatever exposure they have gained has nothing to do with 'cool kids' or 'in-crowds' and more to do with the ability to access their music due to the internet.

I'm just saying it's more a 'rising tide lifts all boats' type thing.

I can see why others are confused about what you are trying to "argue" in here. Here are some selected quotes from this thread from you with the theme of popularity:

so you really thought i was saying they were one of the most popular bands like Metallica(a band you actually brought up in this convo lmao)? Dude are you that fucking soft in the head?

Also, who are the others that are confused? HBB? the guy makes up random arguments in his own little head and spits them out here every time i "diss" one of his favorite bands or albums.

so you really thought i was saying they were one of the most popular bands like Metallica(a band you actually brought up in this convo lmao)? Dude are you that fucking soft in the head?

Also, who are the others that are confused? HBB? the guy makes up random arguments in his own little head and spits them out here every time i "diss" one of his favorite bands or albums.
Serious question, it's evident from your many posts here that you think most of us are stupid and beneath you, so why do you waste so much time posting here?

"so many" :lol: dude who the fuck are you? Aren't you the same guy who disappeared last time when i said your beloved dagon was a pedo? Dont mistake yourself a few others here(including your main) who circle jerk each other as "most of us". You're a nobody.

Serious question, it's evident from your many posts here that you think most of us are stupid and beneath you, so why do you waste so much time posting here?

Early on in the year he made some zip file proving that a former member here was lying to everyone so now he's convinced he's a genius, basically. That and he's just a bully in general (on here and irl, probably).

:lol:
None Shall Defy has 42 pages of ratings on RYM, 37 of those pages, that's THIRTY SEVEN of them, are from 2009 and onward . So yes, you can now please proceed to shut the fuck up.

You also havent given any examples outside of LOOK A FEW PEOPLE REVIEWED IT BEFORE 2010 WHICH MEANS YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU THINK IT:S SUPER OBSCURE or whatever it is your deformed little mind processed and spit out. You're a fucking retard who starts arguments with yourself in your own head. Like i said you gave zero examples and all you basically did here is act like a little bitch because i pointed out a clear fact. I never even said it's a bad album you stupid faggot just said how it got real popular in the last 10 or so years, and with it naturally came the shitload of pretentious douchers. Ones which we have plenty of here.

EDIT:
"as have others" :lol:. This guy is delusional.

Leave it to a faggot like yourself to take this whole thing where i basically said they got "popular" in the last 10 or so years and try to blow it into something personal where you're trying to take shots at me with things that have nothing to do with this conversation. Has me schooling you in the past left a few scars?

RYM is more active today than it was 10 years ago tard. Epidemic of Violence has 100 pages of ratings, 94 of them are from 2009 and onwards. By this logic, Demolition Hammer is actually more of a trend than Infernal Majesty. Typical of a guy that brags about being able to complete 1st grade word association to earn a 140 IQ score on an online test.

Thanks for proving that you weren't listening to metal before 2009.

So you're just going to deny the fact that None Shall Defy(along with a bunch of other not SO POPULAR albums) gained popularity in the last 10+ years(largely due to word of mouth on the net), and with that popularity came the posers i was pointing out? Just answer this with a yes or a no.

an BTW yes, Demolition Hammer are far more popular today than they were 15 or 20 years ago. herderder

EDITED just 4 manic
Thanks for proving that you weren't listening to metal before 2009.
So me pointing out that None Shall Defy wasnt really popular when i was growing up and that most of you children weren't even listening to or even heard of them back then(were instead listening to misfits, deathcore and slamdancing) turns into ME being the one who "wasnt listening to metal before 2009"? :lol:

Also we both know you were dangling off your mothers rancid nipples when i was listening to metal. It's funny how you've perked up recently, don't forget you were nothing more than a newb laughinstock when i joined this place. And nothing has changed really, regardless of how much fluffing you get from the cowardly in-crowders.

Last edited:
So you're just going to deny the fact that None Shall Defy(along with a bunch of other not SO POPULAR albums) gained popularity in the last 10+ years(largely due to word of mouth on the net), and with that popularity came the posers i was pointing out? Just answer this with a yes or a no..
Remember when you rated None Shall Defy in December 2010 when it first got popular. Haha, what a poseur...