Beartooth Guitar Tone... How?

c4mz

Mar 23, 2009
Yo lads,

Does anyone have a good idea about getting a tone (ampsims) similar to that of Beartooths? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTUCGRu_DL4

They use orange cabs but that hasn't really helped me at all. Their guitars are really saturated/middy...which seems to be super hard to replicate (for me anyway).

Would love to see if people could get close to it and with what/settings.

*EDIT*

This is what they use if it helps anyone - its from their AMA on reddit. It was 1 year ago though...

"Both guitarist use orange 4X12 cabs. stage left guitar (taylor) uses a peavy 5150 block letter head from the early 90s. he has a noise suppressor, tuner, holy grail reverb, maleko ass:master.
our stage right guitarist (kam) uses an orange rockerverb MK 2 100 watt guitar head into a tube screamer, tuner, and noise suppressor."

Except that's their live rig, Caleb recorded everything by himself so he very well may not have used their rigs. On both Attack Attacks! Last album and as well as on My Ticket Home 's first album he used LePou so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he used for Beartooth. Although I could be totally wrong on that, not sure what cab sim he used either (that is if he used LePou).

It doesn't sound like anything fancier than a 5150 and vintage 30's / sm57. It's well done though, with a great bass tone.

I might be totally wrong but it really sound like tse808 + lepou lecto (or podfarm threadplate) + catarsis IR (or line 6 threadplate cab)

I might be totally wrong but it really sound like tse808 + lepou lecto (or podfarm threadplate) + catarsis IR (or line 6 threadplate cab)

So I went with your suggestion.

What do you think? Done with Shreddage btw. Vocals EQ'd from original song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds weird. Like a lot of copy and paste, and weak picking. For something like this you propably want a real guitar, and agressive picking. The original tone is pretty average in my opinion, however the bass sounds awesome, which makes the Guitars sound much better.

Sounds weird. Like a lot of copy and paste, and weak picking. For something like this you propably want a real guitar, and agressive picking. The original tone is pretty average in my opinion, however the bass sounds awesome, which makes the Guitars sound much better.

Yeh definitely agree. It's probably a style shreddage cannot replicate. Maybe javi could... I thought the tone was pretty shit too haha... Bass is 2 trillian basses mixed..