been on a Death kick lately

Have you ever gotten the rockband/guitar hero tracks and turned up the bass on the AJFA songs? It sounds awesome, Newstead was an awesome bass player.

Come on, Voice of the Soul is a masterpiece in itself.

ahjteam, starting from Leprosy might not have been the best move; even though it is a good album in itself. The session musicians on that album are pretty crap compared to the later albums. The first album I would suggest is Human or Individual Thought Patterns. Symbolic is fantastic too. But that's probably the safe zone to really capture the awesome. Everything else can be appreciated easily after that. At least that was my experience.

Seriously, one of the greatest experiences ever is fucking destroying my neck to Flattening of Emotions. The verse riff is so fucking metal I cannot even describe it.

Here you go:

EDIT: Would just like to add, that even though there are tonnes of great drummers in the metal scene, the drumming in this song, to me the most inspirational in all metal. Sean's work in Death and Cynic to me is the epitome of genius drumming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death is a fucking eternal Metal Institution. I can perhaps think of ten others up there, and none of them have appeared in the past ten years (they're all older).

Leprosy is my favorite, evil, raw, and ripping from start to finish. The only one I perceive as lukewarm is the last. The production wasn't my bag and his voice went a little into the Dani Filth range. Plus that highly annoying drummer who can't reign himself in from flailing around splashes and chinas like some jazz panzy. I know a lot of you here like prog in general but I don't. De gustibus...

If you want a taste of Chuck at his songwriting prime Symbolic is untouchable. Epic, in a good way.

Leprosy is my favorite, evil, raw, and ripping from start to finish. The only one I perceive as lukewarm is the last. The production wasn't my bag and his voice went a little into the Dani Filth range. Plus that highly annoying drummer who can't reign himself in from flailing around splashes and chinas like some jazz panzy. I know a lot of you here like prog in general but I don't. De gustibus...

If you want a taste of Chuck at his songwriting prime Symbolic is untouchable. Epic, in a good way.

This, if you swap TSOP with Symbolic.