Beginner tutorial: Guitar tone, using freeware vst only.

Why don´t you go and try out Amplitube 3, it has a 5150 model in there (called 150W, you´ll notice when you see the head design with the big block letters).
Or go and try out the Peavey Revalver amp sim. Has the 6505 in there (which basically is the same as the 5150).

They both sound good, but being a real amp guy and not using amp sims, i´ve had the best results with Amplitube 3 when trying to emulate a tube (5150) sound.

One simple reason, i'm poor :p

I barely use ampsims anyway, only really for quickly recording a riff here and there so forking out for one doesn't seem necessary, I can get by with legion/lecto etc, i'd just like a 5150 one :D

@Flow Of Time instead of "(Klick on „this“ to here the sound...)" you could just underline or color "this". Also it would be great if you linked to a mix with drums and bass also.

have you thought of making more tutorials? it would be great!

Yeah I know, but it somehow didn't work in Acrobat. The only way I could insert links was to draw little (invisible) boxes arround the text^^ Edit: You're right, I could just have underlined the text and inserted the linkboxes afterwards..

I don't know if I'll do more tutorials. I did this one beacause I have a "special" route that I (mostly) follow when tweaking guitars. If I'd do a drum tutorial for example, I probably couldn't tell you more than "buythe Systematic Mixing Guide"... Apart from that I don't think my drums or bass sound especially good.
Maybe if I develop a "special way of proceeding" with SSD for example :)