Behind the songs

Mar 30, 2003
on Earth
Danny, could you be so kind to tell us more about the background of the songs, as you did with the AFDTE songs?

From what perspective have the lyrics been written, by whom, and in what way do you think this album relates to former reeases?

cheers

dammit danny, why do you always make music that gets me... inside is nostalgia, melancholy and a deep sense of .... sense.
this is the 1st record in years that got me straight in the heart

well fucking done. you can be proud. once again.

you know tools, it may sound silly, but when i first heard are you there? it made me cry just like one last goodbye did a few years ago

only one last goodye made me cry, as well as angelica. i dont have it as strong as with Are you there? but, i see what u mean. depends on yer references i guess.

In Feanor's interview with Vincent on metal-realm.com, Vincent said all the songs were written by Danny, except one. That's as far as I know...

I've read two recent interviews so far... none with Danny. I think they somehow lose some interest, considering he has written almost all the material...

Falconspirit said:
In Feanor's interview with Vincent on metal-realm.com, Vincent said all the songs were written by Danny, except one. That's as far as I know...

I think that was about the lyrics, not sure.

What now?

You said "songs were written", not sure what you mean, I meant Vincent were talking about lyrics in that interview, not songs. No worries though :Spin: .

toolofthetrades asked in the beginning of the thread *by whom* the songs were written..lol yeah no worries man...lets just enjoy the new album:):)