Behringer ADA 8000... ADAT Interface Necessary?... Hook up to Laptop?? TASCAM US 2000??

T.M.A.

New Metal Member
Jan 27, 2022
Okay, so, I'm pretty strung out and tired, but here goes:

Is there some weird way I can use this thing (Behringer ADA 8000) as a standalone interface/ unit? I mean, I need an interface in order to use this with my laptop is what I'm saying, right?

If that's the case, I'm assuming I'm gonna need it to be ADAT -Suggestions on interfaces?? Looking at some used Gen 2 Focusrite Scarlett stuff (18i6, 18i8) because it's cheap -Guy who works at guitar center told me to stay away from the gen2's cuz the pres suck and supposedly there's something wrong with the pads... Whatever, I don't know...

If I like this unit, then I'm guessing it would be possible to "daisy-chain" another one onto it, right??

Using a Tascam US 2000 right now, but wanna try this Behringer stuff out and would really love to be able to have 10-12 channels, so yeah...

Thank you everyone.

Oh, yeah -I'm using Windows by the way, so hooking up another interface in whatever fancy way you can do it on a MAC is not an option... And I'm cool with that!

-T

Last edited:
Yep, use anything with an optical ADAT input and you're good to go. You'll be bypassing the Focusrite's pre's and conversion (but you may need to check they're clocked together which wont be an issue).

So, you're saying if I engage the ADA 8000 via the ADAT that I won't be able to use the focusrite pres in conjunction?? Was under the impression that I would be able to use them both...

So, you're saying if I engage the ADA 8000 via the ADAT that I won't be able to use the focusrite pres in conjunction?? Was under the impression that I would be able to use them both...

Oh I just mean using the Focusrite purely for ADAT won’t have any effect on the Behringer at all, you can use both together.

Behringer going into the ADAT of the Focusrite would sound the same as going into the ADAT of anything else.

Reactions: T.M.A.
Oh I just mean using the Focusrite purely for ADAT won’t have any effect on the Behringer at all, you can use both together.

Behringer going into the ADAT of the Focusrite would sound the same as going into the ADAT of anything else.

Oh, sweet! Thanks, my man!! Should be pretty easy then...

Trying to find a cheaper ADAT interface option than the Focusrite -I feel like there should be some old, two channel tascam thing for, like, $50 somewhere, but there really isn't!! Bar for entry on ADAT interface is minimum $200.

Here's an idea: What if I take the ADAT line out and go right back into the Behringer 8000 -Kind of like an effects loop. Someone on another forum told me that would be a good "hack" to get it to function as essentially an 8 I/O interface if I don't have an ADAT interface to slave it off of. Then I could shovel that into the back of my Tascam US 2000 or even infront of it or whatever...

Would there be any potential complications from operating something that way? Any degradation of sound on the Behringer, ya think?

Also, now that I'm looking at the unit closer, there seems to be a "twist" in the body. Like, perhaps it was sitting on an uneven surface for some time with some stuff on top of it? Or, maybe it was sitting in a rack for too long with one side screwed in tighter than the other?? You can see from the pictures how it starts to slant up towards the left side pretty much right away. Have you seen this kind of thing before?? I'm pretty new to rack gear... Would this effect the function of the unit, ya think??? My OCD self hates this, but if it doesn't effect the function, then I guess I'm just gonna have to get over it!!

Attachments

• IMG_6726.JPG
    IMG_6726.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6725.JPG
    IMG_6725.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3