Behringer Truth.

Nov 16, 2001
Spain (Madrid)
Visit site
Hi guys! Any thought about these? I'm not wanting to spend a shit load on monitors yet, but I want stuff that works well enough and that I can keep on using even when I buy my own mackie hr 824s in the future. What other decent monitors do you recomend under the 500-600€ mark?

Thanx a bunch!!!

Lord Lurion said:
Hi guys! Any thought about these? I'm not wanting to spend a shit load on monitors yet, but I want stuff that works well enough and that I can keep on using even when I buy my own mackie hr 824s in the future. What other decent monitors do you recomend under the 500-600€ mark?

Thanx a bunch!!!
check out events, they are really good for the money. get the best monitors you can afford. the behringers arent that great, id go a different route.

Behringer Truths = :yuk:

Try to gather some more cash together before buying budget monitors. In my opinion, it's not worth it when you're eventually just gonna want to replace them with something better anyhow. That said, the abovementioned Events are good for their price, and I've recently been somewhat impressed by the passive Tannoy Reveals. I still REALLY strongly urge you to hold out till you can afford higher-end monitors. You'll be much happier in the long run.

I use a pair of Truths myself, to be honest i think they're perfectly fine, remember, you're not paying for a pair of genelec's or mackie's, you're paying for Behringer...

But they're perfectly ok for a home studio when you're on a tight budget.

Exsanguis said:
Behringer Truths = :yuk:

Try to gather some more cash together before buying budget monitors. In my opinion, it's not worth it when you're eventually just gonna want to replace them with something better anyhow. That said, the abovementioned Events are good for their price, and I've recently been somewhat impressed by the passive Tannoy Reveals. I still REALLY strongly urge you to hold out till you can afford higher-end monitors. You'll be much happier in the long run.
I wouldn't have a problem with waiting, but my band would. We are pretty anxious to get a demo recorded so I really want to pull some gear together kind of quick. Anyway, whenever I get my decent monitors, i'll probably want to keep the ones I buy now for A/Bing and that...

The Berry Truth 2031A's are the best mons you will find in that price range. Just because they say Behringer people assume they are garbage - not the case.

EtherForBreakfast said:
The Berry Truth 2031A's are the best mons you will find in that price range. Just because they say Behringer people assume they are garbage - not the case.
So how would you say they compare with the alesis M1, the revel actives or de events? They are slightly cheaper.

EtherForBreakfast said:

I'm not assuming anything. I've heard them at multiple locations, and they sucked in all of them. If you need to get a pair of monitors right now, go for the Events(my recommendation in this price range), or if not them, the Alesis ones(not crazy about them, but they are workable if need be).

M-audio BX8 are workable (I own a pair) but a bit too much bright, some ESI models looks exactly the same but are even cheaper. Dynaudio's sounds better though and new alesis prolinear are told to be good aswell (didn't hear it myself).
I hated what I heard from the behringer, that's all I can say.
But let's be honest, none of the above mentioned brand makes "real reference monitors" (in this range of price at least) so let your ears decide.

~BURNY~ said:
M-audio BX8 are workable (I own a pair) but a bit too much bright, some ESI models looks exactly the same but are even cheaper. Dynaudio's sounds better though and new alesis prolinear are told to be good aswell (didn't hear it myself).
I hated what I heard from the behringer, that's all I can say.
But let's be honest, none of the above mentioned brand makes "real reference monitors" (in this range of price at least) so let your ears decide.
the events blow anything away under $600.00 for sure. test them out youll see for yourself. they arent harsh at all and smooth bottom end. and make sure you go for something with a 8 inch woofer(event tr8 or tr8xl). five inch woofers do not do the job on cheaper monitors. maybe in more expensive monitors they might, but not in cheaper ones. good luck man. just get the ones that you like the sound of.

Lord Lurion said:
I wouldn't have a problem with waiting, but my band would. We are pretty anxious to get a demo recorded so I really want to pull some gear together kind of quick. Anyway, whenever I get my decent monitors, i'll probably want to keep the ones I buy now for A/Bing and that...

For a demo you could get by with a good pair of Hi-Fi speakers, they would sound as good as if not better than the Behringer's and would cost less too.

Adams P may be an alternative, depending on what price you can get it down too.

I had an album mixed with Beringer Truth, and I'm buy a set of Adams 2.5.

Don't rush - fuck the band, once its recorded take the time to mix it properly, borrow speakers if you have too, if you dont you'll be remixing it within 6months either that or the mastering guy will try.

Razorjack said:
For a demo you could get by with a good pair of Hi-Fi speakers, they would sound as good as if not better than the Behringer's and would cost less too.

Good point there, however they might need to buy and amp to run them which will add to the cost, I have Tannoy passive reveals and love them.

A mate of mine has the M-Audio bx8's and they kick ass for the price, they are a little bright and a bit big on the bottom end but so are my tannoys.

Hmmm... Not that I am Mr. Behringer Endorser, but I do think the 2031A are a nice set of mons for $300 USD. Maybe the reason they sounded shiite when you heard them is because they were in a bad room, or some jag off went in back and maxed out all of the EQ/room comp. switches - which WOULD make them sound an ass.

Event's get my vote for that price range also. I wouldnt doubt that you prefer them even after you get Mackie's. Monitors are very subjective. After listening to different ones, I thik its best to trust your ears not the brand or price. Translation and ear fatigue were my biggest concern,. I decided on the Event precision 8's. They rule!!! good luck!