Below the Lights or Pale Folklore

By the way, no Enslaved album dwarves an Agalloch album (or ep, even Agalloch's eps are better than Enslaved albums) by any means whatsoever. Agalloch is one of the three best metal bands around today, I couldn't say the same for Enslaved (I would put them in the lower end of the top 10).

That is entirely down to opinion as I find Agalloch average at best, but I simply love Enslaved.

I'd get both, but if you can just get one, then get Below the Lights, most definetely.

Pale Folklore is really good too, but Below the Lights blew me away..and Agalloch sound like early Ulver with prog rock tendencies, Enslaved sound like Enslaved. Anyway, Below the Lights is a tad short though, but brilliant IMO. I assume you've already heard both though...if not, you really should, unless you want it to be a surprise.

Wow, LuminousAeftuhjhdasther.....you make your opinions sound like facts...though you do sound "passionate", I'll give you that, heh.

But seriously, agalloch, one of the three best metal bands around today? Nahhhhhh...and don't tell me you think Katatonia is also among those top 3 :lol: lolio yo

I like them, but not nearly as much as Enslaved, who are lightyears more unique and creative, as well as incredibly expressive.......that's just my opinion though, of course.

And fuck, Brave Murder Day is a good album, but I fail to see the brilliance that many point out. I consider it to be Katatonia's best effort, but not even that amounts to more than a good, solid release. I like BMD, but come on, one of the top 10 metal albums ever? That's a big no-no, sir.
Heh, I probably shouldn't "talk shit" about katatonia here though, as there seems to be an abundance of fanboys.....I'll just say I find them to be incredibly fucking overrated.