Benighted is pure love

Luann

Apr 5, 2008
Argentina
Mike's voice is big
The acoustic guitar sounds really in front of you, and it has a lot of reverb, that's strange!
It's the only song I know that you can really feel like the instruments were in front of you.
Plus, all that chords, and that solo... :worship:notworthy:worship:

Yup, incredible song, and incredible solo. I think Benighted and Hours of Wealth are two of Mike's best songs, and both have bluesy solos which, at least in my opinion, form a connection between the two.

Benighted captures an incredible atmosphere, I've heard nothing like it before or since. Everything about the track is perfect and Mike's voice and lyrics are :worship:

I connect the least with Benighted out of all the songs on SL. I dunno, the introduction bores me, while the rest of the acoustic is intricate and beautiful. It's one of those songs I know is spectacular, but for some stupid reason I won't ever experience its full potential due to some past experience or whatever. Hell, it took me a year to realise what the fuss was about Bleak.

Benighted is so beautiful it makes me want to cry (in a manly way, of course!)
Seriously, I love that song. Must have been the best accoustic tone ever recorded...

/agree

Simply amazing. The mix between the music and Mike's voice is kinda ethereal!