Benighted vs. Harvest

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
Which do you prefer, they are both similar. I like Harvest a bit better. Also, this may sound silly but was harvest written before benighted?

Harvest was written for Blackwater Park (fifth record) and Benighted for Still Life (fourth one) If that's what you was asking.
As for your thread: I pick Harvest -emotionally better- but I love Benighted too...

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

I'd have to go with Harvest, it was the first Opeth song I ever heard. Nostalgia, you know. Such cool lyrics, too.

Although both are extremely good songs, I go with Benighted all the way. In fact Benighted is one of my favorite songs ever...and it is also my favorite to play on guitar.

I like listening to Harvest much more as a whole, but music-wise I'd go with Benighted. Those guitars.. ahh.. it should be instrumental really..

Harvest, great guitar work, great vocal lines, great solo.
"Never Let Go" is IMHO better than Benighted, which has rather borning vocal melodies.

Metalloid said:
Although both are extremely good songs, I go with Benighted all the way. In fact Benighted is one of my favorite songs ever...and it is also my favorite to play on guitar.

I agree, Benighted and the acoustic interlude from A Fair Judgement are my favourite Opeth piece's to play

Weird, I always thought everyone disliked Harvest. I hate that song, it's boring like hell, the vocal lines are uninspired and the songs sounds like a wannabe commercial song (structure etc..). 99% of the times I put on BWP I skip that song.
Benighted rules. I think someone should play it on a piano, I once replaced in GP4 all the guitars with pianos, and it sounded really great. But Never let go is indeed even better.

The lyrics for Harvest...specaily teh last verse.....that to me is teh Pinnacle of songwriting..............as for teh whoel feel adn teh mood of teh song.....well I dig Beighted more...........Mike's Vox in it are awesome...that deep soulfull voice.....its just beautifull......!!!..........its a tough one but Ill go with "Benighted".........love that song.......its on pretty much all my playlists.......hahaha.........but both are awesome songs.......I just wanna tahnk my friends Mike adn Mancuz for turnin me on to Opeth.....thier music has totally changed my opinion of good music.........and jsut changed my whole songwriting process........Keep rockin guys.....!!!!!!.........PEAC EOUT

why are people comparing never let go to benighted? just because they share very similar intros? aside from that, they have nothing in common.

as for the topic at hand...i like both for different reasons. :p