Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unleashed 'where no life dwells'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nocturnus 'the key'

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other(specify)

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
I can enjoy it, but in comparison with "TRitSiO", it sucks. "SotS" has some good songs, but most of it is very bland and boring. "TRitsiO" is some great old-school death metal.

I like With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness better than The Red in the Sky is Ours. But my favorite At the Gates CD is Terminal Spirit Disease. I think Slaughter of the Soul is good, though many dm fans seem to hate it. Coming back from the Slayer show on Saturday, my friend (who is mostly into metalcore), said that SotS is by far the best At the Gates CD, which I most definitely don't agree with, but I didn't feel like arguing. I can see how he could think something like that, since it is by far their catchiest, and it influenced many metalcore bands (metalcore being his favorite genre).

Life Sucks said:
I like With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness better than The Red in the Sky is Ours. But my favorite At the Gates CD is Terminal Spirit Disease. I think Slaughter of the Soul is good, though many dm fans seem to hate it. Coming back from the Slayer show on Saturday, my friend (who is mostly into metalcore), said that SotS is by far the best At the Gates CD, which I most definitely don't agree with, but I didn't feel like arguing. I can see how he could think something like that, since it is by far their catchiest, and it influenced many metalcore bands (metalcore being his favorite genre).

They same with all of my friendsd that listen to metal, and it is one of the hardest things to argue, because all they want is catchiness. I don't know how any of them can actually think Slaughter of the Soul is good after 3 full listens to the album, it gets so damn repetitive, boring, and is nothing except straight forward melodeath. Once Arf left, At the Gates went down hill, but managed to make a pretty good album with Terminal Spirit Disease, but just threw together Slaughter of the Soul, and it came out bland as hell.

Life Sucks said:
I like With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness better than The Red in the Sky is Ours.

I prefer the best two songs on that album to anything else they've done, but TRITSIO is miles better as a whole, surely.