Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unleashed 'where no life dwells'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nocturnus 'the key'

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other(specify)

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
I hate coming in here to be an idiot(because I hate when people do it), but hypocrisy is such an shitty poor quality band on all levels I can't even explain it. I have no idea why they have fans.

I have heard these

Catch-22,The Arrival,Osculum Obscenum,Penetralia,the fourth dimension and some other.

I recently gave 'abducted' a chance because everyone says that one's the best. I was astonished how shitty the guitar playing vocals songs and drumming was. I've come to the conclusion Peter Tägtgren is a musical idiot not even being 2% of people he has worked with dan swano,mikael akerfeldt,anders nyström, and bands he's helped record.

One of the worst bands i've ever heard in metal. I could actually go as far as having hate this band for wasting time trying to like them.

They're way overrated, but I enjoy their music. I really don't know why they're as huge as they are though.

I can't believe the same amount of people have voted for ATG as they have for Carcass.

Jesus people, ATG weren't anywhere near as good as Carcass.

J. said:
EoS' best is and always will be Unorthodox. Period.

Great album. Bloodbath pretty much sounds like a newer version of this album. A lot of people say bloodbath sounds most like entombed(there is obvious influence), but really it sounds like Edge of sanity with some katatonia and diabolical masquerade.

Carcassian said:
I can't believe the same amount of people have voted for ATG as they have for Carcass.

Necroticism > The Red In The Sky Is Ours

The Red In The Sky Is Ours > Heartwork

The song structures guitar playing and usage of melody is a lot less cliche on TRITSIO than heartwork. I think on the end of 'within' the guitar melody and violin does the same part and the blend is actually really effective. I always pictured at the gates by their last album which is so cliche when it comes to melody. It seems like the band could have went somewhere else musically instead to me.

The Greys said:
I hate coming in here to be an idiot(because I hate when people do it), but hypocrisy is such an shitty poor quality band on all levels I can't even explain it. I have no idea why they have fans.

I have heard these

Catch-22,The Arrival,Osculum Obscenum,Penetralia,the fourth dimension and some other.

I recently gave 'abducted' a chance because everyone says that one's the best. I was astonished how shitty the guitar playing vocals songs and drumming was. I've come to the conclusion Peter Tägtgren is a musical idiot not even being 2% of people he has worked with dan swano,mikael akerfeldt,anders nyström, and bands he's helped record.

One of the worst bands i've ever heard in metal. I could actually go as far as having hate this band for wasting time trying to like them.
The first three albums are good, particularly the first two. I do not like any of the others, though I hear the latest one is some decent melodeath. I don't see why so many people rave over Abducted.

Carcassian said:

It's because TRITSIO has alot of emotion with great flowing riffs, and Carcass has 1/2 the emotion with great flowing riffs; therefore, TRITSIO > Necrotism

The Greys said:

I have heard these

After this statement I can say that you are not a friend to me now, but just an acquaintance.

You heard their first three album which are pretty bland Florida-inspired death metal. And you heard Catch-22 which was an experimental album and The Arrival which still bore traces of Catch-22.

Before you can judge Hypocrisy with such contempt you should first listen to Virus, The Final Chapter and Into the Abyss (and Abducted again) and perhaps your opinion on these guys will be softened.

Hypocrisy are so often attacked because they are so unique. They combine modern Swedish death metal with thrash (with a little Florida in the mix) to create their own sound which sounds almost nothing like gothenburg but still with fantastic melodies. Not to mention their guitar tone is a perfect backing for the predominant alien theme that they display on multiple albums.

And unlike the gothenburgs Hypocrisy has mainly violent, "deathy" lyrical themes (coupled with the alien stuff) and you can always tell that these guys are pissed off and are going for the throat on all cylinders.

And then there's Peter Tagtgren. Not only is he a very skilled and creative guitar player and top notch producer, his vocal diversity makes him one of the best vocalists in metal. He can hit the low grunts, the growls, black metal shrieks, sustained screams, and that one of a kind alien voice that he sings on Abducted. Aside from his death voices his clean vocals, which he displays on closers such as "Slippin' Away", "Paled Empty Sphere", and "Living To Die" are dripping with emotion.

All that said I hope that you can care to give yourself another chance to give this band another chance.

Hypocrisy is my favorite band, and pretty much the only melodic death metal band I like. Most melodic death metal I find bland, boring , and lame. Things like Dark Tranquillity and In Flames just don't do it for me. However Hypocrisy are very different to me. They were the ones that got me into death metal.

They have powerful deathy songs, they catchy melodic songs, and they have slow emotional songs. I really like the guitar playing, although I do admit, on some albums the tone sucks (Into the Abyss).

All in all, I find them a fantastic band with some of my favorite songs of all time.

Zephyrus said:
All that said I hope that you can care to give yourself another chance to give this band another chance.

I have given the band enough chances by downloading half or more of their material. It would not be fair to other bands who I could have been downloading while wasting time giving this band numerous chances.

If you want to upload specific songs with you send it or something go ahead.