Best Agalloch Album

Which is the best Agalloch album?

• Total voters

Caecius

Doomed Traveler
Sep 30, 2007
Colorado
Vote for your favorite

Mine would probably have to be (in order)

Pale Folklore
Ashes Against the Grain
The Mantle

I've only listened to The Mantle a couple times however.

I voted for "The Mantle." As a whole I like that album the best, and rarely am able to just listen to 1 or 2 songs off it, it's either all or nothing. But I like the songs off Ashes Against the Grain better themselves and can listen to them individually frequently. If that makes any sense ><

Don't forget about Lex Talionis, F&#9839; A&#9839; &#8734; and White Light from the Mouth of Infinity.

Pale Folklore would win, if not for that weak trilogy to start the album. It's butchered by some very sloppy playing, and the atrocious spoken word part. If I start with the Misshapen Steed, I enjoy the album more. Hallways of Enchated Ebony is great.

Ashes Against the Grain gets my vote. It's more consistent throughout. The Mantle has some great songs but some serious clunkers, too.

I only have The Mantle and Ashes Against The Grain- both are great but I like the vibe on Ashes more. I have heard a few songs off of Pale Folklore, though, I have to pick that one up and listen to it entirely.

For awhile it was Ashes Against the Grain but I think I like the Mantle better overall now.

I just ordered all 3 albums...can't wait 'till they come in the mail. :heh:

For me it's easily The Mantle. The Mantle is Agalloch's least raw sounding album, which is a large part of why I like it the most. I got slightly turned off by the other two album's raw production, hence my decision. Still make no mistake, the other two albums are amazing also.