Best Agalloch Album

Which is the best Agalloch album?

• Total voters
Pale Folklore > The Mantle > Ashes Against the Grain.

I have noticed that Agalloch gets worse and worse, Of Stone, Wind and Pillor is also their best EP for example. Not saying that their newer outputs are bad but they are heading that way. :p

ashes against the grain has nice feeling And it has something thatt makes you enjoy every moment of the album and that doesnt happen on the mantle , It also has more focus on electric guitars and it gives you an atmosphere that no other music gives you ,it is their most original album also
I am cheking some palefloklore songs i havent heard before

but i voted for ashes because for me is a master piece album and it`s perfect since the begining to the end of the album specialy since the 4th track fire above below to the end I love Not Unlike The Waves for me it their best song it has every element agalloch uses and i love the guitar on this song and it is a very metal song

Pale Folklore would win, if not for that weak trilogy to start the album. It's butchered by some very sloppy playing, and the atrocious spoken word part. If I start with the Misshapen Steed, I enjoy the album more. Hallways of Enchated Ebony is great.

Ashes Against the Grain gets my vote. It's more consistent throughout. The Mantle has some great songs but some serious clunkers, too.

i see what you are saying, but i attribute the awkwardness of pale folklore to song writing more than these other things. that being said, it was the album where they found their feet & developed the style + i enjoy the whole album & think its by far their best.