Best album - #1 - EMPEROR.

Which Emperor album is your favourite?

• Total voters
KevenZ said:
i'm the one who's laughing at your 90's poll topic.

what's next..... choose your favorite metallica album...haha

I don't have a poll topic.

I've never bothered to ask this before, but what's with everyone's signatures consisting of other members' quotes? Is it some kind of fad or just a bad cliche?

When you find something funny, you like to display it so other people can read it.

Dodens Grav said:
When you find something funny, you like to display it so other people can read it.

Its not that I care, thats fair and understandable....but its becoming a trend amongst many members.

I chose "Anthems...". I haven't heard all of "...Nightside..." yet.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Nightside is da shit.
No, that's your skin tone, moolie.

Here's a thought to the gallery: When telepathy becomes common in 2105, will whites be blamed because blacks have no thoughts to read?

Has there ever been a race of people so comically and utterly dependant on the Nanny State from cradle to grave? Ever? (Hint: this is the point where some Afrocentric type tries to slam-dunk the argument by posting that laughable cartoon version of 'history' popular among blacks - and 'whites' like human Yorkshire-pudding Michael Moore - where black slaves invented the comb, the refrigerator, the microprocessor and the 'one-hour foto' concept. I guess in a world that recognizes Michael Moore as 'thoughtful and erudite', a guy in a lab coat named Hambone discovering radium in a chicken coop makes perfect sense.)

In 30 centuries African blacks had yet to thrash out a working version of the wheel. Reaching up for fruit and occasionally skewering a gazelle or antelope wit dey homies constituted black social & cultural life. Currently, they've 'progressed' to the level of equating sex with infants to band-aids and mercurochrome. If they didn't have white people and television there, one might still be able to arrive in Africa, produce a working Zippo lighter and be declared the village god. Perhaps the problems blacks face in America - total and utter dependance to the State, propensity for mindless violence, and inability of males to raise their offspring - can be traced to their African forebears, indicating Southerners might have fared better had they simply cut out the Jewish middleman and just taught actual gorillas to pick cotton.

Erik said:
don't bother, it's complete fucking rubbish
Now, now... There are a few good ones on Prometheus. "Thorns On My Grave" (minus the middle part) and "The Chamber" are my two faves off that one, even though the overall listen is a bit weird if you expect for it to sound like Emperor. Besides, the album is all Ihsahn's shit anyway, not a typical collaboration between him and Samoth.
As far as my favorite one by them - I would have to say Anthems. Second - Equilibrium. That's right - fuck you! Seen 'em live on that tour, and they kicked ass! Nightside has always struck me as good, but a bit pre-maturish, because it was recorded by a bunch of talented but inexperienced kids.
P.S. Dodens Grav is still a pretentious little faggot.

Blaphbee said:
No, that's your skin tone, moolie.

Here's a thought to the gallery: When telepathy becomes common in 2105, will whites be blamed because blacks have no thoughts to read?

Has there ever been a race of people so comically and utterly dependant on the Nanny State from cradle to grave? Ever? (Hint: this is the point where some Afrocentric type tries to slam-dunk the argument by posting that laughable cartoon version of 'history' popular among blacks - and 'whites' like human Yorkshire-pudding Michael Moore - where black slaves invented the comb, the refrigerator, the microprocessor and the 'one-hour foto' concept. I guess in a world that recognizes Michael Moore as 'thoughtful and erudite', a guy in a lab coat named Hambone discovering radium in a chicken coop makes perfect sense.)

In 30 centuries African blacks had yet to thrash out a working version of the wheel. Reaching up for fruit and occasionally skewering a gazelle or antelope wit dey homies constituted black social & cultural life. Currently, they've 'progressed' to the level of equating sex with infants to band-aids and mercurochrome. If they didn't have white people and television there, one might still be able to arrive in Africa, produce a working Zippo lighter and be declared the village god. Perhaps the problems blacks face in America - total and utter dependance to the State, propensity for mindless violence, and inability of males to raise their offspring - can be traced to their African forebears, indicating Southerners might have fared better had they simply cut out the Jewish middleman and just taught actual gorillas to pick cotton.
:lol:

VadimVon said:
Besides, the album is all Ihsahn's shit anyway, not a typical collaboration between him and Samoth.
exactly

i wouldn't have had a problem with it if it was released by THE IHSAHN EXPERIENCE FEATURING HIS MERRY BAND OF SYNTHESIZERS but no, it had to be passed off as being an emperor album, released as such even with the knowledge that emperor was already done. very fake and calculated, the whole deal.

also even disregarding the cynical nature of the album's release, the music both fucking sucks and fucking blows.

VadimVon said:
P.S. Dodens Grav is still a pretentious little faggot.
nah he's a cool dude :cool: