best album from November's Doom to get first??

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
hey. as you can tell from teh thread name, i'm new to November's Doom. i haven't heard anything from them, but have heard many good things about them. so, what would the best album from them to get?? if it might help, i'm really into My Dying Bride. any help would be great. thanks!

ps- do the actual members post here?? (like, the poster November's Paul)

I own 'to welcome the fade' and 'The Knowing'. I think they're both great albums. Eventually I will get the rest I am missing, but I think either of these two will give you a good start. And yes they do post here. It's not all to difficult to tell who's who either.

amigos.jpg

Originally posted by DEEK
hey. as you can tell from teh thread name, i'm new to November's Doom. i haven't heard anything from them, but have heard many good things about them. so, what would the best album from them to get?? if it might help, i'm really into My Dying Bride. any help would be great. thanks!

ps- do the actual members post here?? (like, the poster November's Paul)

Hey Deek, thanks for the interest. You can check out MP3.com, and hear songs from every release to judge for yourself!

Originally posted by Novembers Paul
Hey Deek, thanks for the interest. You can check out MP3.com, and hear songs from every release to judge for yourself!

good point Paul (i'm guessing you're Paul from the band, right? ;)), but i can't down load stuff on my computer. too damn slow. but, my friend would let me on his computer, so i'll try his.

and FrostGiant, thanks for the suggestions. i'll check those out!

oh, adn are there only 3 November's Doom albums, or more?? allmusic.com only lists 3. thanks again!

Hi Deek, Larry from Novembers Doom here. Like Paul said earlier, thanks much for the interest in the band.

Here's a quick list of all of our official releases so far-

Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (full length cd, 1995)
For Every Leaf That Falls (3 song ep, 1997)
Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers (full length cd, 1999)
The Knowing (full length cd, 2000)
Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (re-released with 2 bonus tracks, 2001)
To Welcome The Fade (full length cd, 2002)

Each of our cds sound fairly different from one another, so its hard to gauge which one would be best suited for you to listen to first. I say that if you are able to, listen to the songs from each one on MP3.com, and find out which ones you like (if any) and go from there. Take care!

Also, there was that Her Tears Drop demo tape (released between Amid and the FELTF ep) with the two songs that appeared as extras on the Dark Symphonies reissue of Amid It's Hallowed Mirth as well as a 7" from back before Amid. Both of those were done in really small quantities, and I don't have either. Poo poo on me.

I'd say The Knowing is the best starter, but like Larry said, they are all fairly different. Just depends on what kind of mood I guess. All the full lengths are pretty damn essential though.

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
Hi Deek, Larry from Novembers Doom here. Like Paul said earlier, thanks much for the interest in the band.

Here's a quick list of all of our official releases so far-

Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (full length cd, 1995)
For Every Leaf That Falls (3 song ep, 1997)
Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers (full length cd, 1999)
The Knowing (full length cd, 2000)
Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (re-released with 2 bonus tracks, 2001)
To Welcome The Fade (full length cd, 2002)

Each of our cds sound fairly different from one another, so its hard to gauge which one would be best suited for you to listen to first. I say that if you are able to, listen to the songs from each one on MP3.com, and find out which ones you like (if any) and go from there. Take care!

oh, cool, thanks for the further info Larry! that helps a lot!!

looks like i'll get either The KNowing or To Welcome the Fade first thanks for the help everyine!