Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Damnation

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Watershed

Votes: 26 7.7%

• Total voters
so i guess the winner is still life but not really because only 33% of people like them but other people like other albums as well but not as much but still there's no majority consensus here so i guess there's no winner or best album

^It's simply a great album, with everything perfect. None of the songs are as memorable as those on BWP, but as a whole, it's impossible for me to actually name a better album in this genre.

so i guess the winner is still life but not really because only 33% of people like them but other people like other albums as well but not as much but still there's no majority consensus here so i guess there's no winner or best album

Judging by a majority system with 9 participants would be simply foolish, obviously you use a plurality system so Still Life would in fact win. Not that this poll really means much except for sorta most popular. Best is of course impossible to determine and favorite is subjective.

Right now my order is:
GR > WS > SL > BWP = D1 > D2 > MAYH > Orchid > Morningrise

Always hard to judge, really depends on what you're looking for in the music, I think prefer Watershed when looking at the musical quality and well as production quality of the songs in their entirety, but for individual riffs and (this opinion changes too) growls, I'd go with Still Life. Also depends on if you're looking at best overall collection of songs or best flow, I really see nothing special in several moments of songs like The Amen Corner and sorta April Ethereal, but if I have an hour plus to devote to actively listening to music, I'd take MAYH over BWP or D1 thanks to the album's concept and overall flow. If I have 15 minutes in the car, I'm just gonna pop in GR for some Harlequin Forest and be done with it.

It's a close call atm, but i picked Ghost Reveries.
Even though Still Life isn't that far behind. (just started listening to it) -_-

I will probably get flamed but I said Watershed...to me it has an absolute amazing mix of heavy and mellow, while remaining very dark throughout. BUT i normal would say i have 4 fav Opeth albums and in particular order

Still Life
Orchid
Blackwater Park
Watershed

the others are all a close second...im alittle biased because they are my favorite band!:worship:

I like Watershed, Still Life, and Blackwater Park all equally.

Anyone who think Watershed isn't some of their best work is completely deluded. That album is filled with more amazing than any album I've heard in the past 5 years.