Best Band to listen to high?

Blinded By Blood said:
Isis, Ulver, Naervaer, newer Velvet Cacoon, anything that isn't too heavy or harsh

Not too harsh, yet you list Ulver and VC?

Complex (read: musically INTERESTING) tech-death works well stoned, since the layers of music become much more tangible when you're able to give it that level of attention. Gorguts, Gorgasm (Gorod), Portal and Stargazer are all amazing while ripped.

id consider VC to be pretty mellow really, i find that kind of cascading waves of distortion ambient stuff really relaxing (see vc - genevieve, burzum - filosofem/hvis lyset tar oss, my bloody valentine - loveless, etc)

hey Spec, is my bloody valentine the metal core band or the Dark Rock band?

I know the metalcore one sucks, but the Dark Rock is interesting...

I'd still prefer the Album Leaf though...

swizzlenuts said:
hey Spec, is my bloody valentine the metal core band or the Dark Rock band?

I know the metalcore one sucks, but the Dark Rock is interesting...

I'd still prefer the Album Leaf though...

ya the 80s/early 90s shoegazer/noise pop band

theres no other band called that, youre probably thinking of bullet for my valentine

Spectacular Views said:
ya the 80s/early 90s shoegazer/noise pop band

theres no other band called that, youre probably thinking of bullet for my valentine

fuck, all the Valentines screw me up.... thanks for clearing it up though.

Décadent said:

Complex (read: musically INTERESTING) tech-death works well stoned, since the layers of music become much more tangible when you're able to give it that level of attention. Gorguts, Gorgasm (Gorod), Portal and Stargazer are all amazing while ripped.

I mean their non-black metal material. Kveldssanger and electronic Ulver are amazing. Ulver works on the same level as the tech-death, you can pick out so many different layers of the music

Spectacular Views said:
id consider VC to be pretty mellow really, i find that kind of cascading waves of distortion ambient stuff really relaxing (see vc - genevieve, burzum - filosofem/hvis lyset tar oss, my bloody valentine - loveless, etc)
What do you think of VC's post-black material?(How the Last Day Came..., Dizzy from Eternity)

i love how the last day came but i've never been able to find any of the other stuff

i REALLY want to hear that acoustic genevieve too, if anyone can hook me up i'd be eternally thankful!

Now this would depend on what I'm high on (hahaha)-
Drunk- Pantera - as well as anything else with the "lets get really drunk and attack things with sledge hammers" ethos
Stoned- Probably Kyuss, as well as other stoner (obvious really), although I agree with the idea of anything with lots of layers- you don't really hear EVERYTHING til your stoned, so almost any band can take on a new dimension.
Uppers- Slayer- although i just love them anyway, anything above 180bpm will do the trick, so thrash or death in terms of metal (although the latter can be harder to find a headbanging beat in), otherwise you've got to go to dance music
Hallucinogens- tricky, depends on how energetic you feel, and nothing that will freak you out with lots of different sounds, or that requires ANY concentration. Really an individual thing