Best Buy

PowerBob

Nov 8, 2006
TX
I recently went to the local Best Buy to pick up The Scattering of Ashes and to my surprise they didnt have it. Now , I know you are saying well its Best Buy they carry nothing but popular shit. Not true, Ive found Amon Amarth, Symforce, Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, Threshold, and all kinds of bands I wouldnt expect to be carried there. All in all its a disappointment, but there is always amazon.com or century media's website which is cool cause they always send you freebies when you buy something.

I'm finding that Best Buy carries less and less CD's. (I remember walking into a Best Buy and the whole store was CD's and DVD's/VHS. Now they are down to 3 or 4 "short" bins) What's even more frustrating about that is when I check their website~ which says nothing about the album being online only, I find an album that I want, drive there (which is a good 20-30 min drive), and they don't carry it in that store. Grrrr.

I stopped shopping there after I had a laundry list of about 10 CD's that I wanted and Best Buy had exactally NONE in stock.

Now I shop Mom and Pop places, which carry EVERYTHING I look for. There is only one band that they didn't carry and had never heard of. They even carried bands I thought I was the only one who'd ever even seen the name, let alone listened to them.

-Metal

Yeah, I hear that eventually the same will go for video games too. Valve has already done it with their Half Life 2 episodes, counter strike, Day of Defeat, ect... Soon, all sales will just be done online. Saves the companies all that packaging, but I will always miss going to the CD store and getting that new CD smell when I finally peal away the annoying sticker thing on the top.

The Best Buy near my house actually has a pretty wide selection of CDs and the actual section is fairly large. I have a couple of other places I can go but they are outta the way and sometimes the prices are a lil much, I wish we had CD Warehouse back, that place was awesome.