• Necroticism Descanting the Insalubrious

Votes: 55 32.4%
  • Heartwork

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • Swansong

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters
symphonies...
when I first heard it it was almost too chaotic to grasp, now the sheer violence of the production satisfies with every listen.
A word also for Reek..., when I first listened to that on vinyl, through headphones, reading the lyrics and absorbing the cover art I did start feeling sick, some band eh?

It's a tossup between Necrot & Heartwork for me... but I went with Necrot. Surprising, considering that Heartwork (along with Morbid Angel's Covenant) got me into death metal in the first place...

cddisc.gif
Maudlin of the Well -- Leaving Your Body Map -- Riseth He, The Numberless (Part 1)
/* random quote */
I once could see, but now, at last, I'm blind.

well, obviously "reek" can't count because of the crappy production, and any Slipknot CD is heavier than "Swansong"...

that could have been funny, except for the fact that you can't spell "masturbate" correctly...

It took me a good 15 minutes, but i eventually came up with necroticism, i think the vocals are mental and possibly the best delivery by Jeff. it is true that swansong wasnt the greatest ending for such a classic band, but i still regard it as a great album, there are some killer riffs on it, plus it more....i dunno...natural? like bill came up with a riff, the rest added something and then someone hit record. it sounds very fluid. it wouldve been a great idea to record R.O.P again, pyosisifiefs sounded deadly on "Wake up....". I just found choice cuts here in Ireland, so i'm busy spreading the foul stench of Carcass all over here.... o_O

Symphonies of Sickness because it's just so brutally raw. It was also the first Carcass record I bought and I'd never heard such disgusting music (in a good way) before that. Necroticism is close behind. Heartwork and Swansong are both good albums but they lacked what seemed like musical gore (not just lyrical). As for Reek..., well, the production takes away too much of the effect the songs should have had.

I see I'm in the minority by thinking the beautifully grotesque naivete of "Reek Of Putrefaction" is simply amazing... I'm glad the band progressed, because no one wants to listen to the same record over and over, and if I do, I put on "Reek..", lol...

"It's fun being a pathologist, slicing up corpses, especially when they've just been exhumed!!"

My vote is for Necroticism... Symphonies of Sickness blew me away when I first heard it, but it wasn't until Necroticism that I really connected fully with them. That album is one of my favorite metal albums of all time, period. A tremendous musical influence on me.