Best cymbals sample?

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi guys,

I've been using the first Metal kit of EZ drummer for a few years then I switched for SSD but none of them gave me entire satisfaction with the cymbal tones. They sound and react really bad to me. So I was wondering what would be a best option. I don't care about good kicks, snares or toms only cymbals are important here.

Advices? Opinions?

Thanks.

Joe Baressi's Evil Drums expansion for Superior Drummer is my preference. I have heard good things about The Metal Foundry, and also Lasse's LSD Drums, but I have never tried either one of them.

Evil Drums works for me :hotjump:

evil drums cymbals are a bit too dark for my taste, they also do not have a splash which is ridiculous for a "heavy drum luibrary"

the metal foundry cymbals sound nice but i think that some samples are not cut well. no matter how i trigger it, cymbals always seem to be "late" but in general great cymbals!

SSD4 cymbals may have great controllability but they just sound weak IMHO, really squashed and unnatural. the amount of samples is also ridiculous, i can clearly hear the transition from light/medium/hard hits, meh...

i also owned AD and BFD 1 & 2...

BFD used to have great cymbals some with 127 different velocity layers, very accurate but also very special sound, more in the vintage directon.

AD, hmm, never got used to it, very special sound...

call me fucking nuts, but i still like the old-ass original DKFH cymbals. i've tried and tried and tried other cymbal sets, but i always come back to that shit for some reason. even after i got metal machine, i started using it only for the skins and hi-hats, and DKFH for the rest of the brass

Thanks mates for the replies. Drumkit From Hell was the kit I used to use (forgot the name). I've already tried to replace some programmed cymbals by real samples but it didn't work well. But I'm realizing that I could just affect a short sound (like cow bell) then replacement would be very easy I suppose... Anyway many talk about this Metal Machine, gonna give a try asap.

Thank you!