Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Individual Thought Patterns

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Symbolic

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • The Sound Of Perseverance

Votes: 29 31.9%

• Total voters
Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic will always be my favorites. Two masterpieces.

1. Individual Thought Patterns (in my top albums of all-time and definitely one of the most played)
2. Symbolic (possibly their most melodic album?)
3. Spiritual Healing (my first ever death metal album; amazed to see only one vote for this one!!)
4. Human (great album that gave a better indication as to what direction Chuck wanted to take the band)
5. The Sound of Perseverance (took me approx. 9 years to appreciate this album, and glad I persevered...)
6. Scream Bloody Gore (heavy, aggressive and fun. Another album that took me umpteen years to 'fully' appreciate)
7. Leprosy (only recently preferred SBG. Good album, but suffers a little in comparison to later albums)

Death are one of those bands that made such good music/albums that I never get bored of. Chuck was a true metal legend. Control Denied also continued the quality, and it's so sad and unfortunate that he died at such a young age when he had so much talent. RIP Chuck. :headbang:

I use to tell myself that great metal must have great music but also great lyrics. But the greatest bands shall write a kind of lyrics that we must have to learn to read under the undiscovered lines. I like direct writes but Chuck wrote misguided lines in a superb way that just a CRANIUM can do.
Try this:
this power lies within the mind( the power to believe)
gain wisdom through abilities(praticing our will)
change what`s to come in future time(we would be better)
avoiding pain in misery(direct words no translation needed)

Ok, you may say i`m ignorant or a dreamer but like someone said:

try this:
practice what you preach
your loved one is now diseased
knowledge is at our hands
never to understand

Chuck!!! You`ll never be forgotten and i`m still :cry:

Artur Duarte

TSOP if considering the album as a whole, ITP for the bass lines...

I wish Steve had recorded bass for TSOP!!!

My favorites are Spiritual Healing,Symbolic,Individual and SOP. I marked SOP 'cause it introduced me in the death metal world

Truth is, death dont have a bad album, i voted SoP.. i cant believe some people can specifically say that it is the only bad one. The bass lines and melodic harmonies in the guitar are insane, and hearing vocals for the first time in painkiller really threw me off balance. Musically their best album for sure