Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse [TotM])

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Muhammed Suicmez (Necrophagist)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
I cant believe youve missed the great Jeff Walker from there. And Chuck. Out of that list theres only a few id include for the vote, theres too many standard people to choose from.

I vote other. And itd be a fight between Jeff Walker and Chuck Schuldiner. But we know they dont fight :D

709544413_l.jpg

Yeah... I think before creating a thread like this maybe do a little more research?

I mean, there's no John Tardy (Obituary) on the list. I consider his voice to be among the most unique in the whole of death metal. The same goes for Martin van Drunen (Pestilence, Asphyx, Hail of Bullets), faboulously HORRIBLE voice :lol:

Another great growl is that of Suffocation vocalist Frank Mullen, who was one of the first (if not the first) to bring truly low-pitched/deeply guttural vocals into death metal.

Great thread regardless Ocelot. :kickass:

I've not voted yet but if it came down to who's the best vocalist, technically, it would have to be Corpsegrinder, for me. Though Akerfeldt does have a fantastic voice, and Glen Benton's growls are legendary.

One thing I will say it, Muhammed Suicmez isn't a great vocalist... but who cares when you can play solos like that?!

Whats your favourite vocal era for Barney?

Although I like all eras, I like the Harmony Corruption/Mass Appeal Madness era. On the last few albums he's been sounding like he's using loads of effects on his vocals.

I heard that he gets his vocals to be so powerful by mixing the vocals really low in the monitors, so he has to shout as hard as he can to hear himself, live and in the studio.

Hes always come across as a really powerful vocalist. Lee Dorian was my favourite ND vocalist. If you havent check Mentally Murdered out. Best Napalm Death release going.

The album Barney did with Benediction is also really solid.