Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse [TotM])

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Muhammed Suicmez (Necrophagist)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Hes always come across as a really powerful vocalist. Lee Dorian was my favourite ND vocalist. If you havent check Mentally Murdered out. Best Napalm Death release going.

The album Barney did with Benediction is also really solid.

Are you talking about Mentally Murdered the song or the Mentally Murdered EP? I fucking love Mentally Murdered, but I don't like their sound on the Mentally Murdered EP, sounds way too much like Carcass (probably due to Bill Steer being in the band at that time), which isn't a bad thing, but it's not the Napalm Death sound I love.

Anyway, Lee Dorrian is awesome, his finest hour with the band imo was From Enslavement To Obliteration, I think he really progressed from Scum on that record. Nik Bullen doesn't get a lot of love though, but I think his vocals go really well with the first side of Scum.

Im on about the EP, and the song from FETO of course. One of my favourite ND songs.

Id agree with you there. Nik still doesnt get anything from that album which is a shame. FETO is deffo my favourite full length, fantastic album.

Have you heard the FETO demo? Its too good!! You Suffer was longer and had more words haha.

Im on about the EP, and the song from FETO of course. One of my favourite ND songs.

Id agree with you there. Nik still doesnt get anything from that album which is a shame. FETO is deffo my favourite full length, fantastic album.

Have you heard the FETO demo? Its too good!! You Suffer was longer and had more words haha.

Yeah I've listened to all their early recordings, the highlight has to be The Crucifixion of Possessions, a song they recorded for a 1984 punk compilation. It's a really awful song, but it's really interesting to listen to, as they were purely punk at that time, before the extreme influences. But they were only like 14 when they recorded it.

D. Randall Blythe

lololgc.jpg

Aaron Stainthorpe of My Dying Bride has one heck of a growl... I think he deserves a mention in this thread, though the band aren't too popular with the "death metal masses"