• Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse [TotM])

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Muhammed Suicmez (Necrophagist)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Barnes by a fucking mile

If you take the question/topic literally then I think you're spot on. In terms of growls, Barnes owns everyone on that list. After Eaten Back to Life his vocal style got ridiculously gutteral, while maintaining it's good sound (unlike a lot of the ridiculously gutteral, yet 'burpy' vocals you hear these days).

From that list I still say fucking Dallas

It's a deep growl and you can still hear what he's saying, same goes for Karl and Corpsegrinder, and Akerfeldt too

Yeah, it doesn't help that Six Feet Under are rubbish either.

I think Barnes' vocals really changed from Eaten Back to Life to Butchered at Birth. On Eaten they were what I consider a really good sounding example of how I like death/thrash vocals, deep and aggresive but not overly gutteral. Then on Butchered he took them up a gear (or down as the case my be haha) and became one of the most instantly recognisable voices in death metal, I think. Man, the first four Cannibal records are CLASSICS.

Well, technically George is a much better vocalist. I think I actually voted for George in here.. Anyway, George's range is vastly superior to Chris', not to mention George's vocal patterns, which I think are definitely one of his strongest points.

Yeah, I think Barnes was great on the first four Cannibal records. I'm sure I'd of enjoyed Vile just as much if they hadn't kicked Chris out of the band before recording it. I don't think the Created to Kill sessions were all that bad (that version of Devoured by Vermin being my favourite)... but Chris didn't want to be in the band any longer by that point anyway, so I suppose both parties gained in the end.

Yeah, I have no idea why people rate it so low. I like it just as much as Tomb of the Mutilated to be honest. Besides, Butchered has got Covered With Sores on it!!

Awesome artwork too.