Best Drummer

Best Drummer

• Flo (Cryptopsy)

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Nicholas (ex-Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Gene Hogland (did i spell it right?) (ex-Death, Old Mans Child....and a billion other bands)

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters
I think Flo is the 2nd best next to Hellhammer but, sheesh! 4 drummers? Wheres Trym? Wheres Tony? Wheres Derrik (sp?) ? Dozen more that surpass some of those.

Out of those I went with Gene Hoglan(yes, you did spell it wrong. :p). But there's some you forgot, like FA said. And I'll add Proscriptor, Jaane Saarenpaa, and Dave Culross to the ones he mentioned. :)

Gone with flo but you could have done with a bit more choice I prefer Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy, I feel he is very underrated for his talents and some times prefer him to Adrain Erlandsson. also Per M.Jensen (The Haunted ex Invocator) is an awesome thrash drummer, who I prefer to Dave from Slayer.

Out of all metal drummers? although a newcomer, John Longsteth from Origin should be one of the contenders, but Hellhammer, Gene Hoglan ( correct spelling ) and I'd also think Ken Owen from Carcass is one too

From those 4 drummers I prefere Lombardo...... though I wouldn't name him even in my top-10 drummers....
Anyway I admire Frost, Hellhammer, Trym, Carl-Michael, AiwarikiaR, Fenriz, Faust.......

hellhammer is a god- so is hoglan- but i think we should also remember that Lombardo was the first jaw dropping good drummer in metal, and he still has it- i love Bostaph and tempesta as well

It's a common misconception among people who don't play the drums, that speed makes you good. Joey Jordison of Slipknot has just as much speed, if not more, than any of them. Out of the four, Gene Hoglan is probably the best, because he can spread out and play more than just fast double bass.

Now, if you want an insanely good drummer, check out Terry Bozzio. I could practice for the rest of my life and never be as original and innovative as he is.

I might not agree with Joey being as fast as Hellhammer:lol: but it IS true some of the greatest drummers in the world are NOT metal drummers, although my favorites are for sure. At band today I saw some INSANE stuff from Drum Corps. Different but just as impressive.

Yeah, Derrick Roddy and Dave Culross deserve to be in the running too...

While Gene and Dave are both awesome and innovators at their style... There are others that have surpassed them, but in doing so, definitely owe homage to the likes of them.

Originally posted by xenophobe
Yeah, Derrick Roddy and Dave Culross deserve to be in the running too...

While Gene and Dave are both awesome and innovators at their style... There are others that have surpassed them, but in doing so, definitely owe homage to the likes of them.

Surpassed Hoglan? In what sense?

Stamina? No way.
Creativity? That's what most drummers seem to lack nowadays.
Technicality? I doubt that.
Speed? This might be where he loses but I wouldn't count on that either.

Creativity and Technicality are Gene Hoglan's strong points, and I've yet to hear a drummer who can pass Hoglan, but when and if I do, that drummer wll gain a great deal of respect from me