Best Drummer

Best Drummer

• Flo (Cryptopsy)

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Nicholas (ex-Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Gene Hogland (did i spell it right?) (ex-Death, Old Mans Child....and a billion other bands)

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters
Out of the 4 above, Gene Hoglan.

Although my favorite drummers are Mikkey Dee and Snowy Shaw.
Maybe not as technical as the ones above but the groove and heaviness these 2 drummers have...noone comes even close imo.

Thomen Stauch is the best in my opinion...

He might not be as Technical as the ones you mentioned.
But he's very creative,
I really like his sound
and I can listen only to his drumming in any of the last Blind Guardian albums without getting bored.

It seems to me that he's very underrated.

I can't believe people consider J. Jordisson a metal drummer, because he can do blast beats? he's not too bad for a nu metal drummer, but he sucks. as for speed, Hoglan slays Jordisson in speed, and so does Longsteth and Dennis the Menace from Macabre..he's a pretty damn fast drummer, puts nu metal peices of shit like Jordisson and Spag to shame

Sean Reinert (you guys have heard Cynic, right? Not to mention is contributions to Aghora, Gordian Knot, and Death) blows all of those mentioned away, as does Bobby Jarzombek (Spastic Ink). Somebody said it above, and I totally agree that most metal fans confuse speed with ability. Another excellent drummer not mentioned is Asgeir Mickelson (Spiral Architect, anyone?). Anyway, if I had to pick from that patheticly limited list, I'd choose Hoglan.

your avatar is wrongside-up :lol: Asgier from Borknagar, Vintersorg, etc. He is not the best, or blazingly fast, but he deserves an HM because hes so darn creative! His cymbal work is increadible! His beats are pretty intricate, too. He certainly deserves HM. :)

As various people has mentioned I think Hellhammer needs to be mentioned as well! His drumming on Thorns "S/T" is super great!Gene Hoglan is also a great drummer! His drumming on Death's "Symbolic" kicks ass!!!! I have Dark Angel's LP "Darkness descends", but I don't think his drumming is anything special on that one. Is anyone interested in trading...?
Dennis Chambers is no. 1 if you ask me!!!!! I saw him live with Mike Stern and his drumming blew me away!!! The best drumming I've heard my entire life!!!!! Crazy one handed stick work on the hi-hat, crazy fills with one hand. Two words: Simply amazing!!!!
Other guys:
Trym from Emperor (check out "The source of Icon E")
Frost from Satyricon (check out "INRI" & "The scorn torrent")

Hey Board, is Dennis Chambers a jazz drummer? I've never heard his stuff, but I've seen his endorsments in magazines so he must be pretty good!

not one for names but these guy's shred on the kit in their respected bands.

Drummer from DYING FETUS,Pete from MORBID ANGEL,Dude from DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN,MESHUGGAH,CONFESSOR,TOOL, and definetly Damien from SAKKUTH...You rule man.

Originally posted by Terminal Spirit Disease
Gone with flo but you could have done with a bit more choice I prefer Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy, I feel he is very underrated for his talents and some times prefer him to Adrain Erlandsson.
Yes, Daniel Erlandsson is fucking great and WAY better than his brother, he's very underrated too. Not only is he tight, but also very creative and dynamic, awesome drummer!