Best Emperor album?

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I'm prolly gonna buy some Emperor stuff, and I'd like to hear some opinions on their best albums(s)...

Somberlain said:
Wrath of the Tyrant or if you're after a full-length, In the Nightside Eclipse. Emperor are generally pretty overrated.
Well if you think they're overrated reccommend me someone else instead :loco:

WNxScythe said:
Well if you think they're overrated reccommend me someone else instead :loco:

Don't take it seriously. It's trendy to say Emperor are overrated.

Since emperor are probably the most wellknown black metal band there's no argument that they are overrated. They went to crap after In the nightside eclipse.

i own of all of them. my preference from best album ever(first) to kick ass (last). there is no bad emperor album.

anthems to the welkin at dusk
in the nightside eclipse
wrath of the tyrant
prometheus- diciples of fire and demise
IX equilibrium

~gR~

BikerMiceFromMars said:
Since emperor are probably the most wellknown black metal band there's no argument that they are overrated. They went to crap after In the nightside eclipse.
so because a black metal band is well known, that means they are overrated? so i guess that includes bathory, dark throne, gorgoroth, mayhem (i dont like em, but i wont call em overrated).

however, i just recorded a BM track 5 seconds ago on my computer. im so new and underground not even my mom knows i exist! so i guess i must be the best band ever. right?
~gR~

Reactions: DarrenSimes
genocide roach said:
so because a black metal band is well known, that means they are overrated? so i guess that includes bathory, dark throne, gorgoroth, mayhem (i dont like em, but i wont call em overrated).

however, i just recorded a BM track 5 seconds ago on my computer. im so new and underground not even my mom knows i exist! so i guess i must be the best band ever. right?
~gR~
lol... :tickled:

genocide roach said:

~gR~

You misunderstood me. Emperor are one of those bands that even people who arent into black metal enjoy, and usually those are their later albums. i'm saying that for their massive popularity, they are overrated.