EMPEROR

el barto

Jan 6, 2006
Ireland
In six weeks emperor play inferno is anyone else from the board heading over.
I'm kinda like a kid on christmas eve about this.

Actually, it's not really a farewell tour; it's not even a tour - they're just playing a few selected dates on their own terms without having to tour.

In America, they're playing NYC and 2 shows in Hell A.

I think European bands really have no fucking concept of how big America is... me going to New York or LA from south Texas is not like taking a ferry over to the continent from the UK or taking the train to Wacken for a few Euros. Were talking multi-hundred dollar airline tickets or at least 250-300$ in gas to drive, hundreds more on getting a hotel in fucking "everything is twice the price as a normal city" New York, not to mention the price of the actual tickets...

Fuck you, Emperor. Play in Texas.

You'd think since candlelight has an hq in philly, they'd play there. Candlelight is retarded

I'm at a crossroads. It's $65 plus transport costs, but it's Emperor

Teh Grimarse said:
I think European bands really have no fucking concept of how big America is... me going to New York or LA from south Texas is not like taking a ferry over to the continent from the UK or taking the train to Wacken for a few Euros. Were talking multi-hundred dollar airline tickets or at least 250-300$ in gas to drive, hundreds more on getting a hotel in fucking "everything is twice the price as a normal city" New York, not to mention the price of the actual tickets...

Fuck you, Emperor. Play in Texas.

Take into account that the band is probably taking a financial loss by only playing 3 venues in the U.S. without the full tour. There are touring bands that lose money anytime they do a tour, let alone break even.

And, the Emperor shows were announced last year when the band did their surprise set, so there's been plenty of time to make reservations and purchase plane tickets well in advance.

And, judging by the amounts that the band is charging for the shows in Los Angeles, it looks like they're just going to break even at best. I don't think Candlelight is giving them any financial backing.

Wacken or nothing, I am not fully decided yet.
The could play in CZ, but we will gent Dimmu Borgir instead...which is not bad, bu I like Emperor more...

Had a good time seeing them on IX Equilibrium tour during summer of '99. It was Peccatum, Borknagar, Witchery, and Emperor. I only went to see them, as they are one of my favorite bands. The club wasn't all that big, and I ended up sitting at the bar between Ihsahn and Samoth for about an hour. Samoth is kind of a "rockstar", while Ihsahn is actually a real cool, deep dude. I won't be able to make it this time around, so congrats to everyone going to the LA and NY shows! I'm sure they will be awesome.

VomitBubble said:
Ah, I haven't seen you. Say hi sometime, I'm under Welkin Dischord. You're going to the Vreid CD release party, correct?
Not sure yet i get into oslo at 7.30 that night so it depends on what time it starts and if there's tickets left